Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

When Jim was in Beaufort, SC in the Marine Corps,  he’d go to Jekyll island all the time. 

Obviously a longer drive from Brunswick to Jekyll than St Simons or Sea Island, but a heck of a lot less touristy and a place to clear your head.  Had a Attorney friend who leased a place out there and we had several fish fry's at his digs.  Ask Jim if he ever went to the "Wanderer"  loved the "Beach Music" there by groups (actually had Brass) from Myrtle Beach, SC.   Still can't get one talk through rendition of Mr. Bo Jangles out of my mind. (lol) 

• Like 1

Just now, DCVNVET said:

Obviously a longer drive from Brunswick to Jekyll than St Simons or Sea Island, but a heck of a lot less touristy and a place to clear your head.  Had a Attorney friend who leased a place out there and we had several fish fry's at his digs.  Ask Jim if he ever went to the "Wanderer"  loved the "Beach Music" there by groups (actually had Brass) from Myrtle Beach, SC.   Still can't get one talk through rendition of Mr. Bo Jangles out of my mind. (lol) 

I will.  He always talks about the place in Hilton Head where he liked to eat. The Best Little Shorehouse in Hilton Head”.  Lol 😂 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

QUIET !!!  You, too, Terri.

Ok on the QT Fred I had that feeling it wasn't you first venture.  Watch out for relatives of the people who used to re-supply German U-Boats.  My oldest Daughter  was a guide at $$$$ Village one summer.  Again carry on and enjoy!

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:
18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

IThe Best Little Shorehouse in Hilton Head”.  Lol 😂 

BTW saw the Texas version of that in NYC while on a Staff Assistance visit to the MCC where Epstein allegedly hung himself. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Good news report:  just scored paper towels & toilet paper.  Only purchased 1 pack of each.  Beer; also beer.  #Ultra  😂😎

I just got a case of 16 oz miller lites

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok fellow boomers. It’s time, if you haven’t already, to download the Instacart or Shipt app. Your groceries, delivered right to your stoop. You will ask yourself “why didn’t I do this years ago?”

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.... (Max voice)

for everyone else Max is a wolf hand puppet and kind of clueless and self centered. So he figures in a lot of the sermons lol.

One Saturday night service there were no kids so guy who was giving the lesson (done after kids sermon) stood up thinking the kids sermon was cancelled. Pastor stopped him saying “no if I don’t do this I’ll get complaints later” (IOW some adults like it too).

so...so....so....

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Ok fellow boomers. It’s time, if you haven’t already, to download the Instacart or Shipt app. Your groceries, delivered right to your stoop. You will ask yourself “why didn’t I do this years ago?”

Struck out "rural means - out there".  Have used Wal-Mart online for local Super Center for about 2 yrs.   Keeps you out of the store completely.

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Our church live streamed mass yesterday (yay technology). There was no choir. And maybe 30 people in the pews. Worked great with one exception- no communion wafer. 

No such luck here in St. George, UT.   With all the travel for family visits, vacations, softball tournaments, track meets, etc. I've always attended Mass.  For now, no church functions until at least 3-31st.  Have no idea when I last missed church services.  Weird feeling.

• Sad 1