Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

In my 55+ development our clubhouse closed. No indoor pool, no gym, no exercise classes, not to mention other ongoing activities and trips. All we can do is walk around the neighborhood. This morning 14 of us did a 2.5 mile walk. The other day we did two walks, one morning and one afternoon, totaling about 5.5 miles. This morning it was 43 when we did that walk.  

I get too cold. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I get too cold. 

Just texted someone that my post retirement plan of walking more just got delayed. Have a treadmill but not that familiar with it. Kinda worried I’m going to mess up and end up in the ER. Not quite the time to go over there even if I can see the hospital from my house

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just texted someone that my post retirement plan of walking more just got delayed. Have a treadmill but not that familiar with it. Kinda worried I’m going to mess up and end up in the ER. Not quite the time to go over there even if I can see the hospital from my house

You should have a clip to put on yourself so if you stumble, the treadmill will stop.  That way, you’re safe. 

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I walked 3 1/3 miles a day in Florida last month. It was great walking down Gulf Blvd and Indian Shores is very walker-friendly

Well, I'm not there yet!   😎

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You should have a clip to put on yourself so if you stumble, the treadmill will stop.  That way, you’re safe. 

Oh it has one, that was one feature I looked for. More worried about nose dives on the console lol. Just have to set it at ancient person speed until I get more used to it. And work on my death grip on the handles 🤛🏻🤜🏻

40 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I walk the treadmill until it gets to 55 degrees and sunny.  I’m a freeze cat. 

Ok don't rag me but it's 78 here in AZ  (wait till the summer eh)  The only problem is that Mr. & Mrs. Rattles & the kids are on the move from their denning areas.  Saw where a guy was bitten hiking Camel Back Mtn. , Phoenix area!  We all have our crosses to bear. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish it was warmer here.  It would be much more tolerable if I could get out and walk.  But, it’s 39 degrees and it snowed this morning.  

I don't live far from a local mall so during winter months I walk over in the morning and do laps inside when the stores are still closed (Mall opens at 6:00 am).  During nicer weather I have a number of different routes in my neighborhood.