Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

14 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As I have said consistently for months, there are good reasons to believe the real number is higher than the reported number, because:

(1) That's almost always true of disease reporting: for instance, the annual flu totals we've been told about are not what was counted up in real time.

But you know C-19 cannot be compared to the flu.

(2) The total death numbers are higher this year than the recent average by a rather larger number than the total reported coronavirus deaths.

This is well established. It would be irresponsible to deny it.

Based on what - the unfounded assumption that all excess deaths must be C-19?

How many excess deaths were caused by the lockdowns?  No one is counting that.

How many excess deaths were caused by the escalating urban violence of the past six weeks?

How many excess deaths were caused by suicide, or refusal to seek treatment for other ailments, because people are scared ######## by media and certain individuals online carpet-bombing them with cherry-picked statistics for four months and counting?

What IS irresponsible is denying all these other causes of death, exaggerating C-19, and causing panic.

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"Kids 10-19 spread the coronavirus at least as efficiently as adults do, according to large contact-tracing study in South Korea":

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html

"The study of nearly 65,000 people ... suggests that school openings will trigger more outbreaks."

Now it's just one study, and other studies may show different results, but it's certainly worth considering.

And why is this outlier the only study on this topic that you think is worth considering?  (That was a rhetorical question - you need not answer.)

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The situation in Georgia at least seems to be holding steady and not getting worse, to judge from the appearance of these maps that were posted to the state dept. of health website on July 2 and July 17:

July 2:

EdKHLQRWsAIHgRr?format=jpg&name=medium

July 17:

EdKHLQzWkAY2ZqH?format=jpg&name=medium

Only three counties in the red zone on both maps, and the number of counties in the other color categories seem to be staying the same. The state's outbreak must be plateauing. Good news, Georgia.

/sarcasm

What is the purpose of posting this on DCP?

cixelsyd -

As you already know, the vast majority of deaths designated due to Covid-19 were among persons with various co-morbidities. This was most acute in elderly deaths at nursing homes. Also true, federal reimbursements to hospitals for deaths attributed to Covid-19 are greater than for deaths with other causes. There are incentives for various elements to keep this event going, unfortunately.

There is NO question in my mind, the numbers reported for Covid-19 cases and deaths is artificially higher than reality. But, really, it is too difficult to prove as more time goes by. Reports of irregularities are found all over the nation, but gathering and verifying it all will never happen. 

No matter, actually. We are stuck in this situation for many more months. I can’t imagine what it would take to signal everyone it’s now OK to go ‘back in the water.’  Any ideas?

• Thanks 1

Ok.... show of hands....  who is panicking???

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

I used to be so afraid to swear on DCP I just typed the pound signs.

I used pound signs one time and someone got upset I sweared so much. 😆  I replied one of the mods knows what I look like so I have to be good...

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok.... show of hands....  who is panicking???

Jim,

I’m not panicking for personal medical concerns, frankly, even though I am elderly. I am panicking over the long-term negative effects to our nation over various damages caused in business, personal finances, government, and leisure activities. The generations that followed mine will live with this event for many more years than I will. That’s sad.

31 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Jim,

I’m not panicking for personal medical concerns, frankly, even though I am elderly. I am panicking over the long-term negative effects to our nation over various damages caused in business, personal finances, government, and leisure activities. The generations that followed mine will live with this event for many more years than I will. That’s sad.

Sorry Fred was not directed at you. Cixelsid tells people not to panic every few days. I’ve asked multiple times who is panicking or what does he consider panic and never get a response. 

I see a lot of concern and upset but not what I consider panic on dcp. My concern is also long term effects but also concerned over out right selfishness people show anymore. (As I read about street parties in NYC that might cause outbreaks) Just see too many people thinking “no ones going to tell ME what to do” instead of “what can I do to help reopen or keep others safer”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I used pound signs one time and someone got upset I sweared so much. 😆  I replied one of the mods knows what I look like so I have to be good...

I panicked when you used those pound signs.

I will never forget that day.  It took a few hours for my pulse to return to normal. 

Edited by Continental