Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

30 minutes ago, skevinp said:

We have our groceries delivered to avoid such things.  It a little less convenient in some way but a little more convenient in others.  

Next door neighbor supposedly has MS or some other issue (only heard second hand) and has hers delivered. Guessing she is in her 30s. Figure she is careful as when she has a friend over its social distancing on her back patio. When we talk it’s not even close to the fence “HOW ARE YOU DOING!”

Since it’s just me I go when the supermarket is less crowded, grab and go. If I had to worry about someone else I’d look into the delivery.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

So disappointed. Clicked on this thread expecting to read 55 pages of Colorado high school band updates.   

According to Wikipedia, there are 548 high schools in Colorado. How many have marching bands? And how many of those bands compete?

"Kids 10-19 spread the coronavirus at least as efficiently as adults do, according to large contact-tracing study in South Korea":

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/health/coronavirus-children-schools.html

"The study of nearly 65,000 people ... suggests that school openings will trigger more outbreaks."

Now it's just one study, and other studies may show different results, but it's certainly worth considering.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Since it’s just me I go when the supermarket is less crowded, grab and go. If I had to worry about someone else I’d look into the delivery.

I hope you’ll worry about yourself too.  I don’t want to have to find someone new to annoy.  

I think we will probably continue to use it to an extent even after we are past all this.

• Haha 1

With shut downs still taking place in CA, the senior softball Western National Championships (women and men)have been moved to St. George starting on 8-11.  Hope today's news article doesn't hurt that happening.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2020/07/17/rmw-player-in-large-st-george-softball-tournament-tests-positive-for-covid-19-prompting-partial-cancellation/#.XxNxrihKhPY

Edited by Ghost