Mandarins - Here We Go Again

38 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Not new to Social Media. The humor here was not appropriate. 

Everyone are not in the loop for your side subject. 

Some jokes from a 1942 movie:

"They named a brandy after Napoleon, they made a herring out of Bismarck, and the Fuhrer is going to end up as a piece of cheese!"

"What he did to Shakespeare, we are doing now to Poland."

"They call you 'Concentration Camp Ehrhardt.'" -- "Yes, we do the concentrating and the Poles do the camping."

"Heil myself."

- - - - - - - - - -

Some people objected to those at the time! But most people laughed. Pretty much anything can be the subject of a good joke.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

It was totally appropriate.  There's laughing at a person's situation, and then there's laughing at the situation to ease the tension.

Considering the extent to which these boards have hashed out the accusation list, a little levity is perfectly appropriate. 

Newer members are encouraged to read for several days or weeks to better understand the dynamic of the regular posters.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

And rookies are encouraged to read for a while before posting.  Most members here don't let B.S. hang around for long before calling it out.  The trick is to be around long enough to know the B.S. from the meaningful posts, which comes with time.

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"They named a brandy after Napoleon, they made a herring out of Bismarck, and the Fuhrer is going to end up as a piece of cheese!"

"They call you 'Concentration Camp Ehrhardt.'" -- "Yes, we do the concentrating and the Poles do the camping."

"Heil myself."

- - - - - - - - - -

Some people objected to those at the time! But most people laughed. Pretty much anything can be the subject of a good joke.

Which?

32 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"Heil myself."

- - - - - - - - - -

To Be Or Not To Be? 

My favorite is at the end when the phony Hitler parachutes in England. One farmer tells the other “First Hess and now him”. (Refers to Rudolph Hess going nutso and flying to England to see the King or Churchill I forget which)

Best Hitler impersonation I saw from that era is from a nice Jewish guy named Moses Horowitz (aka Moe Howard). He gives a kind of funny rant and rave pidgin German speech... but then he crosses his arms and his eyes have this “light are on but nobody home” look.... brrrrr.... 😳

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1