Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The problem is that politics is now a part of Covid-19.  And politics ruins everything it touches. 

Money is also involved.  Always follow the money.

Example - I know of an individual who (in March) presented to the ER on a Friday.  Was diagnosed with stage 4 leukemia (this was a new diagnosis).  He was admitted, but he deteriorated and died the following Monday of leukemia.  After he passed, they did a Covid test, and he tested positive.  And it reported as a Covid case because the hospital gets $$ for every Covid case they see.  But, the definition of what is a Covid-19 case/death has varied over time and has varied state-to-state.  

In 10 years, (assuming that we all haven't died of Covid by then) there will be a big data drill to look at all the cases & deaths & figure out what actually happened.  But it is almost impossible while we are in the midst of the pandemic to do this kind of evaluation.  

a  changing virus and a down play and out right lies ( which was told to me by a leading ID, doctor ) got in the way of it all. and still is..youre right about politics

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You cant see the difference?  The arrogance is visable daily on TV watched it at some gathering yesterday little masks, shoulder to shouder..planned..I actually dont have a problem with it as long as thosepeople stay away and God forbid get sick get to the back of the line at the ER

And as long as the people they are near (IOW those who could catch it) are OK with it also. Just amazed how often someone will say or post “I take precautions so I don’t give it to OTHERS” and the response is “huuhhh?”. It’s like thinking of others is no longer done

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, E3D said:

rpbobcat is not a "TV talking head" they gave their own take on what it's like in their geographical location. Indicating that more parents are wanting their chtildren to return to in-person learning. 

Previously you mentioned that you had a choice to go to the state you are at now correct? 

The kids going to school will be practicing music and color-guard. It is a good thing or not? 

I said was stuck here in a state while politicians constantly lied of the situation then watched people get sick

Kids going to school and doing certain activities  could prove to be very risky as many schools who were opened a short time and found this out. Not sure even why it's even a debate..most schools have already cancelled activities  and all parts of our activity are looking to what that means for WGI and DCI

Edited by GUARDLING

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And as long as the people they are near (IOW those who could catch it) are OK with it also. Just amazed how often someone will say or post “I take precautions so I don’t give it to OTHERS” and the response is “huuhhh?”. It’s like thinking of others is no longer done

thats for sure Jim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I can find articles going from 0 to almost totally helpful so I don’t bother reading, watching or discussing. If there is ANY chance they might help then they should be worn where social distancing might not occur...

why its even a debate with some says alot

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

why its even a debate with some says alot

And with the “information “ on the internet... 🙄 My (un) favorite was the guy arguing that “asymptotic” means you CAN’T pass coronavirus. “Yeah if you don’t feel it then you aren’t sick enough to pass it”.

on topic for WGI and DCI: listen to medical professionals.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Jeff - I think what’s actually happening is, no one has any confident idea what to do. As a result, many schools are trying to please everyone. Around here, they are asking parents to make one of three choices. Pick in-person, online, or a combination of both. Then, there’s still the option to homeschool the kids. This fourth option continues to grow, by the way.

In Pennsylvania, every option includes the right for the student to participate in traditional school activities with other students who are reporting to school every day.

As a retired public school teacher, but one who never was a parent, my choice in this situation would be to homeschool the student for the coming year until this is better sorted out. Current public school teachers are going to spend a great deal of class time dealing with discipline matters over masks, distancing, etc. Ask your wife!

well if politicians of all flavors would stay the #### out of it and listen to science we'd be better off. she;'s well aware she could bring it home to her husband who is technically high risk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well if politicians of all flavors would stay the #### out of it and listen to science we'd be better off. she;'s well aware she could bring it home to her husband who is technically high risk

Don’t forget grandpa Wally either.... 

Still remember Wally couldn’t make Kris viewing because he was ill. My response to keep his ### at home didn’t as want him to take chances.

Also thinking of previous described sis in law who teaches and her hubby with compromised system. They may end up living on different floors of the house if she picks up something at school. He will probably pick the full basement cuz of the big screen tv 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1