Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Starts with a stable home environment where good values and ethics are taught.

Yeah and then we have the real world. 
And agreeing because you used the word “good”. Worked with some people who learned the family version of values and..... 😥

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One thing I haven’t noticed is if the bus companies have enough drivers. Less kids per bus and bus driver seems to be a often picked retirement job for people with commercial drivers license.

School busses are a huge issue. Not only enough drivers, as many of them trend to the higher risk age group, but the number of busses needed to social distance. Even the hybrid approach may overload the available busses.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MikeD said:

School busses are a huge issue. Not only enough drivers, as many of them trend to the higher risk age group, but the number of busses needed to social distance. Even the hybrid approach may overload the available busses.

In my area there is a very large company that provides school bus service to multiple districts in multiple counties. Just adds to the complexity of doing the job and if the contracts will need to be renegotiated due to increased costs.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Problem is after the kids are mentioned... NOTHING is said about the adults that are around the kids and could be exposed. In other words those pieces are totally ignored and the entire picture is not discussed. For some people they probably aren’t thinking and for some I have the idea that it’s ye olde “don’t say anything that makes my opinion look bad”.

Well, on this forum, the risks to adults are being accounted for in discussion.

Problem is, there are lots of risks no matter what direction we take.  At times, it feels like there is a Newton's third law of pandemic response - every mitigation of risks creates equal and opposite risks.  

23 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, on this forum, the risks to adults are being accounted for in discussion.

Problem is, there are lots of risks no matter what direction we take.  At times, it feels like there is a Newton's third law of pandemic response - every mitigation of risks creates equal and opposite risks.  

I was talking about discussion outside of dcp.... Discussions made by people more in control of what schools do than we on dcp. It would be good if those people ACKNOWLEDGED the risks you mentioned.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Starts with a stable home environment where good values and ethics are taught.

not touching this with a 20 foot pole with a giant flag attached for the old school power ending

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

In my area there is a very large company that provides school bus service to multiple districts in multiple counties. Just adds to the complexity of doing the job and if the contracts will need to be renegotiated due to increased costs.

should be getting easier more schools going virtual

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

should be getting easier more schools going virtual

Here’s the problem with having a family background in transportation, you think off the wall details. The number of buses needed will not stay constant. Some times more will be needed when kids are in school and less when something hits and more are at home. (And multiple districts each doing their thing Independently) Think the cliche is feast or famine. Then if a district needs more drivers and there are laid off drivers from other districts availible fine. Just the headache of drivers running unknown routes. I don’t think gps can have a drop off Route programmed in. Lived on Blue Mountain which was boonie land BITD. CD had their own bus service then but students still had to direct some fill in drivers over the crazy route. When you hear “holy #### I didn’t know we ran buses up here “ you know drivers can get lost. Or better yet “I ain’t driving this (too steep and windy). Get out and walk”.

And not even going to guess the contract headache as number of buses needed and actual number of trips changes back and forth.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

having faith in our society to do the right thing is akin to believing Chumley wont give BD a 20 on finals night...it's fantasy.

if people would do the right thing, we'd be better off and far less divided.

You do realize that you're only defining your version of "the right thing", don't you?

• Thanks 1