Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

18 hours ago, E3D said:

No one on the forum is anti - vax 

The polling data for the group that do not want to get the covid vaccine if it comes available is interesting. 

The list of prominent celebrities people who are anti-vaxxers is troubling. Some have changed their tune since March? 

I don’t believe I said anyone here was anti vax.  The point is that vaccines protect against a whole range of diseases, many FAR more deadly than Covid-19

22 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I don’t believe I said anyone here was anti vax.  The point is that vaccines protect against a whole range of diseases, many FAR more deadly than Covid-19

Yeah I understand you and even though I replied to your post was not saying you were pointing out any member as antivax. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Watch how fast that changes, as it is with many schools re-opening then reversing. 

So how many grocery stores / restaurants / construction sites have closed and reopened in your geo area? It happens all the time where I'm at. If there is a infection with one or many the company will shut down to get a handle on the spread. Then they reopen. That seems like a normal action now. Should not be any different with schools. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, E3D said:

So how many grocery stores / restaurants / construction sites have closed and reopened in your geo area? It happens all the time where I'm at. If there is a infection with one or many the company will shut down to get a handle on the spread. Then they reopen. That seems like a normal action now. Should not be any different with schools. 

I dont call 170thousad dead is a handle on anyhing..sorry. I see arragance and irresponsibility daily..I have seen this up close 3 times over the past few months with covid units growing and it ain't pretty

as far as th thread topic, Band season and WGI will have an influence on a DCI season........In many ways

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, E3D said:

which is why imo we should not think we have really turned the corner by some places scheduling fall sports or MB. Things can change way too quickly. 

On an aside talked to my sister in law who is 1 or 2 years from retirement from elementary school teaching in a rural PA district. Their district has decided to go to full in school classes. Think part of the reason is lack of PCs and internet access in some of the boonier areas. Other part is some board members were elected to run things on a shoestring and this is cheapest. SiL husband is two time cancer and major heart attack survivor and don’t think his immune system is 100%. Her retirement date is based on when he can go on Medicare and off her school insurance which ends when she retires. Reason why when I hear “well if kids get it they are not really affected” pisses me off. 😥

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, E3D said:

I can't speak for the rest of the State of New Jersey.

But, in Bergen County,where I live,I don't know of any store,restaurant or

construction site that had to close then reopen,since the State allowed "non-essential" facilities to

open up after the lock down.

Same thing with Covid hospitalizations.

Both my wife and niece are nurses.

My niece is a critical care nurse on what was a Covid floor.

Neither of their hospitals have any Covid patients anymore.

Same with several other hospitals in Bergen County.

In fact,covid hospitalizations are dropping like a rock,throughout the state .

There have been "bumps" in the number of positive covid tests.

But they haven't translated to increases in hospitalizations or deaths.

In fact,in a number of instances,like the Rutgers football team, the people

testing positive are asymptomatic.

That has spurred a number of parents, in several school districts,to push for schools to offer more

"in person" learning.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 3

Just got out of a business and based on what I saw any relief will come from vaccine and not people acting responsibly. Seeing more and more people with mask not covering nose but now new low. Whole family or 6, no masks covering nose and some the masks have dropped so low you can see the upper lip (including two elementary aged kids). Then I realize mom and auntie(?) have home made masks. They are ####### knitted and have holes where they breath thru the mouth. Looks like a #### knit dollie. 
just... frigging... amazing... either totally clueless or bleep every one else...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

41 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I dont call 170thousad dead is a handle on anyhing..sorry. I see arragance and irresponsibility daily..I have seen this up close 3 times over the past few months with covid units growing and it ain't pretty

The problem is that politics is now a part of Covid-19.  And politics ruins everything it touches. 

Money is also involved.  Always follow the money.

Example - I know of an individual who (in March) presented to the ER on a Friday.  Was diagnosed with stage 4 leukemia (this was a new diagnosis).  He was admitted, but he deteriorated and died the following Monday of leukemia.  After he passed, they did a Covid test, and he tested positive.  And it reported as a Covid case because the hospital gets $$ for every Covid case they see.  But, the definition of what is a Covid-19 case/death has varied over time and has varied state-to-state.  

In 10 years, (assuming that we all haven't died of Covid by then) there will be a big data drill to look at all the cases & deaths & figure out what actually happened.  But it is almost impossible while we are in the midst of the pandemic to do this kind of evaluation.  

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I can't speak for the rest of the State of New Jersey.

But, in Bergen County,where I live,I don't know of any store,restaurant or

construction site that had to close then reopen,since the State allowed "non-essential" facilities to

open up after the lock down.

Same thing with Covid hospitalizations.

Both my wife and niece are nurses.

My niece is a critical care nurse on what was a Covid floor.

Neither of their hospitals have any Covid patients anymore.

Same with several other hospitals in Bergen County.

In fact,covid hospitalizations are dropping like a rock,throughout the state .

There have been "bumps" in the number of positive covid tests.

But they haven't translated to increases in hospitalizations or deaths.

In fact,in a number of instances,like the Rutgers football team, the people

testing positive are asymptomatic.

That has spurred a number of parents, in several school districts,to push for schools to offer more

"in person" learning.

I had an unexpected 8-day stay at the Hackensack University Medical Center when my appendix decided to rupture while visiting a client.   It was a great hospital, the staff were amazing. 

During my stay I was given Percocet.   When I wasn't seeing pink elephants, I started asking medical personnel if they had heard of the Garfield Cadets or the Cadets of Bergen County.

I'm sure they all thought I was imagining their existence.  They would smile and move away.   The Cadets of Bergen County also moved away.  Do you see the correlation?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

as far as th thread topic, Band season and WGI will have an influence on a DCI season........In many ways

Sorry that you were triggered by the "get a handle on it" statement but that is exactly what restaurants and businesses do when they get either one person or many with the virus. In some cases they shut down for 2 weeks and have the place cleaned and disinfected. It has happened to a restaurant I order from and it happened to an office building that was being built out, one of the trades got the virus. They shut the job site down and everyone were tested, site was cleaned and they returned to work. 

Why can't schools work in the same manner? What is different about the schools? On the job site I mentioned there were at the very least over 100 workers in and out of 2 floors where the square footage per person was similar to a classroom that has been spaced out. The bands can then get back to practice and getting the arts and academic education they need. Not to mention the social health aspects. 

Not sure who the "arragance" arrogance? and irresponsibility comment is directed. 

• Thanks 1