Bluecoats Adopts Anti-Racism Policy

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

There was also someone wearing a Camp Auschwitz shirt. Irredeemable people like that just need to be taken out back and ...

Saw the pic and probably what reminded me of the 60s tshirt. She no longer posts here but God Bless NanciD and her drum corps history blog. That’s how I saw the letter. Glad I saved all of them to dvds

Edited by JimF-LowBari

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Annnd late 70s a Sr corps disbanded and some members joined us. Before the home show my family walked around to talk to people they knew in the corps. Mom asks “who is (describes a former member of the disbanded corps)”. Just by the tone of voice I could tell... 😡. Mom over heard him saying “well next year we’re going to come back... all male and all white”. (The corps last year they were co-ed and multi racial) 

::facepalm::   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Continental said:

Sorry to say but when I see crap like some of the shirts worn during recent protests, I have to agree.

6MWE needs to be silenced now.  That is just absolute garbage. 

That is a viewpoint that needs to be defeated at many levels of society.  Just silencing it, and allowing it to fester in the shadows, is not good enough.  

Plus, I would rather those creatures be free to speak, and out themselves, so that I know who to keep the children way-the-hell away from.

• Like 4

Mod hat here: 

Getting a jump before things go astray...

Please take care with making politically oriented posts. We can't just prohibit political posts that just about everybody here agrees are horrific. It becomes a slippery slope in making decisions when things are not so clear cut.  

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here: 

Please take care with making politically oriented posts. We can't just prohibit political posts that just about everybody here agrees are horrific. It becomes a slippery slope in making decisions when things are not so clear cut.  

I don’t watch the news so I’m glad I found out about it here.  Scary.

“Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me.”

21 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat here: 

Not sure if catching your point Mike unless you want use to think before we go “there”.  To me hate speech is a human issue before political. 
And as I’ve said for years, I’m for free speech as it lets me know who the hell to stay away from. But not for speech that calls for taking away someone’s rights, freedom or life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not sure if catching your point Mike unless you want use to think before we go “there”.  To me hate speech is a human issue before political. 
And as I’ve said for years, I’m for free speech as it lets me know who the hell to stay away from. But not for speech that calls for taking away someone’s rights, freedom or life.

Mod hat:

It was as much a preemptive strike as anything, seeing how the thread was going. Take a second look prior to submitting a post to make sure there is nothing political in it, is what a I am saying.

DCP guidelines are in place to eliminate the need to "make a call". Some posts mention terrible things, and just about 100% of us agree. But if they verge in the political arena, they are against guidelines. The slope can become slippery quickly, which is a reason for a zero politics policy. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mod hat:

It was as much a preemptive strike as anything, seeing how the thread was going. Take a second look prior to submitting a post to make sure there is nothing political in it, is what a I am saying.

DCP guidelines are in place to eliminate the need to "make a call". Some posts mention terrible things, and just about 100% of us agree. But if they verge in the political arena, they are against guidelines. The slope can become slippery quickly, which is a reason for a zero politics policy. 

Thanks haven’t been “turned off for a bit” yet and trying to keep it that way. Just a few “you know better than that” PMs from Mr Z. We met at DCA one year so no problem.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1