No scores, and I kinda like it...

Surely I can't be the only one that's enjoying the lack of getting angry about scores, fuming about judges not recognizing how great this aspect of my own group's show is, why a competitive group's show should be below the group I marched, or why Blue Devils are only getting higher scores because they're the Blue Devils. There's something extremely refreshing about just getting to enjoy the fact that all of these kids are getting to play the crap out of these shows, without the pressure of appeasing to what's going to score highest on the score sheets.

In both of the years I marched, and the subsequent decade since I aged out, I've been annoyed by the numbers game. Am I just being super millennially by saying that this year feels a lot more fun because they're catering to the audiences instead and not worrying about scoring higher than the others? 

• Thanks 2

I look at it like broccoli. I'll try it once, but will never have it again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I look at it like broccoli. I'll try it once, but will never have it again. 

Ironically, I've never tried broccoli. 32 years of avoiding that green mini shrubbery looking demon.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, acolli17 said:

Surely I can't be the only one that's enjoying the lack of getting angry about scores, fuming about judges not recognizing how great this aspect of my own group's show is, why a competitive group's show should be below the group I marched, or why Blue Devils are only getting higher scores because they're the Blue Devils. There's something extremely refreshing about just getting to enjoy the fact that all of these kids are getting to play the crap out of these shows, without the pressure of appeasing to what's going to score highest on the score sheets.

In both of the years I marched, and the subsequent decade since I aged out, I've been annoyed by the numbers game. Am I just being super millennially by saying that this year feels a lot more fun because they're catering to the audiences instead and not worrying about scoring higher than the others? 

Enjoy it while you can! BD will be getting higher scores again next season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Enjoy it while you can! BD will be getting higher scores again next season.

Oh, and certainly well deserved, it just seems to be a trend amongst some that the only reason Blue Devils score so high is because they're the Blue Devils. Obviously they've crafted their shows and groups to completely max it out, but I'll never forget how many people complained about their 1930 show because "ThEy SaT hAlF oF tHe ShoW!!"

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, acolli17 said:

Oh, and certainly well deserved, it just seems to be a trend amongst some that the only reason Blue Devils score so high is because they're the Blue Devils. Obviously they've crafted their shows and groups to completely max it out, but I'll never forget how many people complained about their 1930 show because "ThEy SaT hAlF oF tHe ShoW!!"

cAn'T yOu sEe it'S a SoUp LiNe?  🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't wait for scores again. Everyone should not receive a participation trophy....but that's the competitive person inside me talking. 

• Like 3