Phantom Regiment 2022

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I hate to say it but with how talented Boston’s guard is, I think that alone keeps Boston safely above Phantom. I hope to be wrong though 

I think Boston's guard and percussion will keep them above Regiment, but I do LOVE PR's show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, college-phan said:

How are we all feeling about this show competitively, especially tonight against BAC, BS, and Cavies? I think it’s going to be more interesting than most might expect.

Definitely behind Bluecoats, Boston and Cavies tonight and through the remainder of the season. With Blue Stars, I've been hearing mixed things, and I haven't heard anything about Crossmen, so Regiment will be 4th, 5th or 6th tonight. If I had to place a bet, I would bet on 4th.

I think this show could place as high as 7th (max) by the end of the season, but it's all going to depend on what the judges think, how everyone else does, and how well Regiment's performers do. There are a lot of variables. 

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

Well, first official performance is over. Wow! What a great show. This show is already leagues above 2019, and it is already so far ahead of where they normally are in June. I hope they can pour on the gas and really crank it up even more between now and August. Impressive out of the gate. Lots to work on, but impressive. 

• Like 1

Crossmen just finished. Having difficulty imagining their book can compete against Phantom. Felt high schooling to me. A long way to go on visual. Can’t see PR placing below them this year. 

Glad Blue Stars had those beds on the field so I could take a nap. Liked the inclusion of Rogue One. However, I’d like to use one of those desks to write a strongly worded letter to their team about how bored I was. Feel sorry for their MM’s. Maybe that’s why the were sharing a pint at the end. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Are Boston and Bluecoats going to get slammed by you, too? :laugh:

If they deserve it, why not? Boston moved well tonight but the horn line didn’t wow.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

For those of you wondering, Boston had a full 4:45 of no ensemble playing. 

It seems like that’s the style this year: run around for a while, stop, solos and duets, play really loudly. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don’t get it. I must have become an old fart since 2019. These shows just don’t do anything for me. 

• Thanks 2