Phantom Regiment 2022

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

In the last competitive season, Regiment had french fry containers with the central character burning in one of them.  

This literally made me shoot coffee out of my nose LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Forget innovative, I think a top 6 prop is just any prop where it integrates into the show extremely well and doesn’t ever take away from the performance. Watch how BD and SCV move their props around. The props always end up interacting with each other and supplement the staging and you rarely ever notice them actually moving the props unless they want you to notice it

That's the key. That's very well articulated. It made me think of that moment in 2016 when I first saw Bloo. I was like "WTF are all these giganto-ramps?"

And then...they USED them! And they did it so well that even though they were towering elephants of possible maiming and death, I forgot they were even there until someone was sliding down them to create visual impact. 

• Like 1

Given what the staff and marching members have been able to accomplish by the end of the season with a mediocre design, I think they have a very very good chance of cracking the 6th spot with this show. Perhaps the title of this years show should be:

”No Climb Too High”

Bravo PR 2022

• Like 5

I cannot wait to see what this corps has to fully offer. When Gino left cadets for Boston l immediately heard it in their hornline and it made me a bit sad. Same thing here. But I can’t be sad that phantom sounds this good! I’m so excited for them, and I know they feel really confident about their show. I think that will bode well for them. All love for Phantom this year! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Continental said:

They're recognizable as Phantom and that's all I really want. It would help if other corps would stop trying to steal their white color though

• Like 6

Saw the dress rehearsal.

Lots of corps with moving props this year from so many of the corps. Thanks, Bluecoats and SCV!

Lots of corps with white uniforms, but Phantom does white from time to time.

This corps looks to me like they're better than Mandarins.

This show flows so much better with the drill than their standstill.

I have a feeling they'll be duking it out with Blue Stars, Cadets, and Blue Knights all summer.

...the comment from a friend who went was that they might get a little too loud at times, and this is from a die in the wool, marched in a top corps in the 80s and 90s, person.

Should be an interesting year for them!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Re: the unis, fantabulous. No one does white like PR can. Also found it interesting the comments Dr. Snead made on individuality within the corps, e.g facial hair, colored hair etc. After the, I'll call it, inclusion controversy of 2021, it appears PR got the message loud and clear. Way to go. You never lost my support, but now you've earned even more of it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Re: the unis, fantabulous. No one does white like PR can. Also found it interesting the comments Dr. Snead made on individuality within the corps, e.g facial hair, colored hair etc. After the, I'll call it, inclusion controversy of 2021, it appears PR got the message loud and clear. Way to go. You never lost my support, but now you've earned even more of it. 

I saw a number of beards on marching members.  Did Phantom allow those before this year?

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

...the comment from a friend who went was that they might get a little too loud at times, and this is from a die in the wool, marched in a top corps in the 80s and 90s, person.

Somehow I doubt they were talking about the hornline!

• Haha 1