Phantom Regiment 2022

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Just my opinion, but I suspect that if Phantom went "all in" they would lose a key part of their identity that the crowd relates to.  They are quite far from the "Pioneer" of the top 12.  I won't go into pre-season predictions and current placement, but when they play there are a lot of audience members that fall in love with them.....again.  They have on multiple occasions brought back the love that the audience feels for them. 

I don't want them to adopt the current style of upper-echelon corps.  I want them to remain true to why I love them.   

Whistle whistle, bravo bravo. Excellent assessment and one of the main reasons PR has maintained my admiration, respect and support for so many years. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

Just my opinion, but I suspect that if Phantom went "all in" they would lose a key part of their identity that the crowd relates to.  They are quite far from the "Pioneer" of the top 12.  I won't go into pre-season predictions and current placement, but when they play there are a lot of audience members that fall in love with them.....again.  They have on multiple occasions brought back the love that the audience feels for them. 

I don't want them to adopt the current style of upper-echelon corps.  I want them to remain true to why I love them.   

They’re number one with me this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

Sorry, that's not going to happen, and I'm a homer! They want to play part of the 'game' but corps like Boston, Devils, Crown and even lower rung corps like Mandarins have gone 'all in.' Until Regiment does that, they will be the Pioneer of the top 12, that cute corps everyone likes but doesn't challenge for a top spot. That said, these are design issues, not member issues. 

It's too bad, as I LOVE Regiment this year.

They'll adjust. They have staff who know how to take it higher. I wouldn't say they're Pioneer, but I understand the sentiment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It's too bad, as I LOVE Regiment this year.

They'll adjust. They have staff who know how to take it higher. I wouldn't say they're Pioneer, but I understand the sentiment.

To be fair, we wouldn’t all be so critical of Phantom this year if we hadn’t hyped them so hard after Concert in the Park

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

A five place jump from 2019 would be nice.

No disagreements there! 

On 7/14/2022 at 9:59 AM, phd-student-TTU said:

The guard design is horrible. That staff should’ve been trashed after what they did last year.

Another opinion I have.  I will never condone the firing of anyone because of a placement I don't like. 

We have people who love this activity and who work with young people to give them the experience of their lives.   Let them give that experience.   Let the people who receive it speak for what they felt being a part of it. 

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

Sorry, that's not going to happen, and I'm a homer! They want to play part of the 'game' but corps like Boston, Devils, Crown and even lower rung corps like Mandarins have gone 'all in.' Until Regiment does that, they will be the Pioneer of the top 12, that cute corps everyone likes but doesn't challenge for a top spot. That said, these are design issues, not member issues. 

We will see. I hope I’m right and you’re wrong though. I agree though that the design is too safe and antiquated. And also agree we have a great bunch of kids. Hope they stick. There’s a lot of seasoned and fresh talent. 

4 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

To be fair, we wouldn’t all be so critical of Phantom this year if we hadn’t hyped them so hard after Concert in the Park

After last year's final performance, I was hyping them like crazy!

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

After last year's final performance, I was hyping them like crazy!

Same here. One can dream!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

The criticism is mild in comparison to other years.

The sounds from Concert in the Park are still there in every performance.