BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

53 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I was being semi-sarcastic, sorry.

I see you're a huge Blue Devis fan.  I am too.......sort of kinda.  I don't know if you're old enough but did you see them live in 1976?  If not, watch their show on Youtube.  That was the apex of the activity during that era.  

Yeah. I wasn't even born yet Lol. Yes i have seen the 1976 show.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Yeah. I wasn't even born yet Lol. Yes i have seen the 1976 show.

76 BD was phenomenal! I was there.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

76 BD was phenomenal! I was there.

👍🏽That's great man.  I would have love to myself, but mom and dad didn't even meet yet lol. I probably should watch that show again tonight.

44 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

👍🏽That's great man.  I would have love to myself, but mom and dad didn't even meet yet lol. I probably should watch that show again tonight.

It’s a great production. Really and truly.

• Like 3

Always cutting edge and always stylish.  This talk about the pageantry leeches but Devs' designers are truly some of the best in the business.  They really do care about pushing the activity in new ways, whether we agree with the direction or not.  The kids thrive off it and more often than not will say their time in BD was the best they ever had, whether they get the win or not.  Some may not like the rave, k-pop, esoteic style but this what quite a few of the young generation absolutely enjoy.  Ever been or seen a rave?  The young crowds who go are humongous.  I know because I have three college aged children and two absolutely love this music and spectacle of the events.  K-pop and other modern styles of music have a huge following.  Again may not be yours or my style but the times are always a-changing. 

Watching Brass Roots and discussion on why DCI was formed by some of the founders and early designers of that era is an great watch.  To branch out and not be restricted with limitations.  I'm sure the founders may not have liked where the activity is today and there will be a time when this activity grows stale for me as well.  I'll walk away gracefully and let others carry the torch.  Every member and fan likes a certain style and that is what makes the activity rich.  I wish the guys from Concord all the best as well as all the other corps pushing for excellence.  It's all good.    

• Like 5

Dancing, prancing, and chairs.

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought I saw you there.  😂

We were in the bronto burger line together in Philadelphia. Seriously Terri, we marched a lot of shows together.

Back to the topic at hand.

• Haha 3

On 8/31/2021 at 10:37 PM, Brian Tuma said:

I don’t get that. In all my years following drum corps I don’t think I’ve ever heard of members from other corps saying BD members thought they were above anyone else or their **** don’t stink. Some people confuse confidence with arrogance. They’re out there rehearsing like everyone else and I can assure you the level of demand isn’t coming easy for them. I can’t believe I’m coming to the defense of BD. Lol

I believe thats true. Many of the BD marchers came from lower placing Corps before going to Concord, Calif, and still have marching friends in their left behind Corps that they typically see on tours. So most of them don't want to come across as cocky or arrogant, and so most BD marchers don't over the decades in my dealings with them.

• Like 1