BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

58 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

how did you like seeing them IRL?

It was fantastic! As I wrote in my review, I introduced someone new to drum corps and both of us gasped when we saw how clean their rotating line was on Saturday. “Mesmerized the whole show” was the way she described it. Neither of us truly noticed when they would move the props around. The horn line was seriously the loudest or 2nd loudest of the night overall. And at least for that performance, the soloists nailed it all show. And the guard seemed to have a good night! I was overall quite surprised by how close Boston was, I personally didn’t see it at all, but hey congrats to them. We weren’t the only ones who loved the show, the audience reaction for the show was 2nd only to Crown and I would say was tied with Boston 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It was fantastic! As I wrote in my review, I introduced someone new to drum corps and both of us gasped when we saw how clean their rotating line was on Saturday. “Mesmerized the whole show” was the way she described it. Neither of us truly noticed when they would move the props around. The horn line was seriously the loudest or 2nd loudest of the night overall. And at least for that performance, the soloists nailed it all show. And the guard seemed to have a good night! I was overall quite surprised by how close Boston was, I personally didn’t see it at all, but hey congrats to them. We weren’t the only ones who loved the show, the audience reaction for the show was 2nd only to Crown and I would say was tied with Boston 

Where is the review? Did it get buried in the show thread?

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Where is the review? Did it get buried in the show thread?

Here you go! I didn’t want to pollute the forum with a dedicated post of my review so I just posted it in the Atlanta thread 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Here you go! I didn’t want to pollute the forum with a dedicated post of my review so I just posted it in the Atlanta thread 

“[BD] was her favorite show of the night.”

put a ring on it!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

“[BD] was her favorite show of the night.”

put a ring on it!!!!

I forgot to respond to this but I certainly intend to!! She’s actually a designer so she has a very artistic mind, so it doesn’t surprise me at all that she was drawn to the corps that pushes out masterpiece after masterpiece with close attention to detail

Speaking of, I am SO curious to know what changes BD has in store for Allentown and Indy. I’ve been hearing the hornline had had a couple rough runs in a row, im sure they’re working very hard to change that 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Speaking of, I am SO curious to know what changes BD has in store for Allentown and Indy. I’ve been hearing the hornline had had a couple rough runs in a row, im sure they’re working very hard to change that 

Only minor changes for Allentown. But I don't know what those are. 

• Like 4

My local jazz station is on 24/7 in my kitchen and the past few weeks they have been playing arrangements of both Tank and Moon River in rotation, so we will see if that is an omen or not.

It's weird because, prior to the beginning of the season, I had zero knowledge of Tank whatsoever, and now I hear it multiple times a day. 😂🎶

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

My local jazz station is on 24/7 in my kitchen and the past few weeks they have been playing arrangements of both Tank and Moon River in rotation, so we will see if that is an omen or not.

It's weird because, prior to the beginning of the season, I had zero knowledge of Tank whatsoever, and now I hear it multiple times a day. 😂🎶

hmmmmm must be a BD fan in their office because that’s a little random! 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

Anne is featured in the latest edition of BD360. 

Congrats to Anne (and Mom!). Will she be aging out, or will she be coming back? 

• Like 2