BLUE DEVILS 2022 The Return

Let me just firstly say congrats BD and to Boston i feel proud of you guys, i was totally engaged with Boston performance, i really dug it.

So Last night i watched BD and yes as many pointed out, it really felt flat.. , i wasn't feeling the energy as i normally do from thier performance and that's ok. During the show, i kept saying, "this is a rough run in some parts of the show". I really was annoyed at the multicam because i personally didn't get a good read on the few changes, however it feels like cleaning is needed still.

That's expected from new drills added whenever, and not able to clean it to the max. This show as many would not have deemed it, is difficult in my eyes and to my understanding. Yet the kids are so young and performing it so well, so one or two shows off is acceptable. They felt tired to me. Color guards issues, the hornline issues, and their energy was just not clicking right throughout the performance... few other issues.

Let me also point out the positives that stood out. Hornline is so strong this season that even on a not so perfect night they still winning the caption. They were parts that marveled me like the trumpets in the Beep Bop segment. The mellows are still banging, they just keep ringing in my ears all season. Though color guards had some issues, they were still great in many parts. Percussion was not the best to me tonight and i do undersand based on the challenging book they have most among the top Percussion book this year, so it's going to fluctuate for them if they can't get it together as a whole. However they are awesome and i know it will all come together for them for finals.

There's another positive,  is how close they've scored with Boston tonight and i personally was thinking about it just a little. Why is this posotive ? It's because of the welcome excitement and competition. You know what, i'm glad boston is giving BD competition, because it will only light a fire under their skin to not be complacent to think they will just runaway with the season like that. This will definitely wake the kids up, since they have been getting used to being in front so comfortable, even thoUgh they still won Lol.

It's a great season.

DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Let me just firstly say congrats BD and to Boston i feel proud of you guys, i was totally engaged with Boston performance, i really dug it.

So Last night i watched BD and yes as many pointed out, it really felt flat.. , i wasn't feeling the energy as i normally do from thier performance and that's ok. During the show, i kept saying, "this is a rough run in some parts of the show". I really was annoyed at the multicam because i personally didn't get a good read on the few changes, however it feels like cleaning is needed still.

That's expected from new drills added whenever, and not able to clean it to the max. This show as many would not have deemed it, is difficult in my eyes and to my understanding. Yet the kids are so young and performing it so well, so one or two shows off is acceptable. They felt tired to me. Color guards issues, the hornline issues, and their energy was just not clicking right throughout the performance... few other issues.

Let me also point out the positives that stood out. Hornline is so strong this season that even on a not so perfect night they still winning the caption. They were parts that marveled me like the trumpets in the Beep Bop segment. The mellows are still banging, they just keep ringing in my ears all season. Though color guards had some issues, they were still great in many parts. Percussion was not the best to me tonight and i do undersand based on the challenging book they have most among the top Percussion book this year, so it's going to fluctuate for them if they can't get it together as a whole. However they are awesome and i know it will all come together for them for finals.

There's another positive,  is how close they've scored with Boston tonight and i personally was thinking about it just a little. Why is this posotive ? It's because of the welcome excitement and competition. You know what, i'm glad boston is giving BD competition, because it will only light a fire under their skin to not be complacent to think they will just runaway with the season like that. This will definitely wake the kids up, since they have been getting used to being in front so comfortable, even thoUgh they still won Lol.

It's a great season.

DO IT UP DEVILS!

I know it’s an often used trope but I never understand the concept of needing someone else to be around for a corps to not be complacent. The members or their families paid quite a bit of money to be where they are, and they all made it to their respective  corps to achieve. Why would anyone think they’re just sitting around being complacent?

They’d be doing the best they can given their conditions regardless of who’s around, at least in my thinking.

Edited by jaylogan
  • Like 1

I, personally, think they will add more flag work on the props at the end, to make it look like a river!  But, what do i know? I was sure they were going to end Ghostlight by turning off the light at the end, and THAT never happened! 😎

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I, personally, think they will add more flag work on the props at the end, to make it look like a river!  But, what do i know? I was sure they were going to end Ghostlight by turning off the light at the end, and THAT never happened! 😎

I was guessing a river too, but I’d be happy with anything, as long as it is not more hurricane tarps/IKEA bags! 😂

On that note, those do puzzle me. I get that they are vibrant blue, but with all their connections/sponsors, couldn’t someone digitally print something that is more convincing as “cloth?” Hopefully that’s coming too. Right now they are conjuring memories of the masking tape boat in 2016.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I was guessing a river too, but I’d be happy with anything, as long as it is not more hurricane tarps/IKEA bags! 😂

On that note, those do puzzle me. I get that they are vibrant blue, but with all their connections/sponsors, couldn’t someone digitally print something that is more convincing as “cloth?” Hopefully that’s coming too. Right now they are conjuring memories of the masking tape boat in 2016.

I noticed that, at the end, all of the flags are on the ground, but the “ikea tarp-ers” are on the top steps of each prop.  Perhaps some large blue ging gongs (remember those!)?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I know it’s an often used trope but I never understand the concept of needing someone else to be around for a corps to not be complacent. The members or their families paid quite a bit of money to be where they are, and they all made it to their respective  corps to achieve. Why would anyone think they’re just sitting around being complacent?

They’d be doing the best they can given their conditions regardless of who’s around, at least in my thinking.

I agree, but i couldn't really mean they're sitting around doing nothing. Of course they are working theur butts off, why they have been achieving so greatly. Something i've been praising for years, which is one of the main reason why I LOVE BD. However complacency can be relative term, and that's how i used it, which is more in regards to mental state of mind. No matter how good we are at what we do in life, we still need something to push us a little further, something to challenge us even greater and it's all relatively speaking. That's why it's a competition and i love that Boston improvements will push them to stay sharp no matter what. So i stand by what i said.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DWW11 said:

Yes lol.. i was looking for the light to outed too.. lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NakedEye said:

I am expecting they will change those tarps to represents cloth, if they dont oh well... remeber 2017 with the cocoons they've started out with and then they were changed. Well i hope those blue tarps are just temporary stand in.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 2

BD had no competition in 2014 and they were certainly not complacent 🙂 they were competing against themselves 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD had no competition in 2014 and they were certainly not complacent 🙂 they were competing against themselves 

Yeah, facts