Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

15 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I have a funny feeling Crown is winning champs this year and I don't know why. This isn't favoritism at all- Bloo and BD are my favorite corps. But something tells me Crown's innovation with the app is gonna score some major points in GE.

Ok. Well see if the app helps. I personally think is cool. But the GE is already there imo.  BD is who I fell in love with in 2001 but I haven't enjoyed a show since 2017 from them. 

Crown has it all for me. And I do pray they win bc the show is just great. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Ok. Well see if the app helps. I personally think is cool. But the GE is already there imo.  BD is who I fell in love with in 2001 but I haven't enjoyed a show since 2017 from them. 

Crown has it all for me. And I do pray they win bc the show is just great. 

At least you enjoyed what was definitely one of their more enjoyable and rewatchable offerings in their 2017 show haha. I do really enjoy listening to that one.

• Like 1

I watched it on YouTube, not being able to see them live. Ignoring the app, it's a super cool show. I love the abstract art props.

• Like 1

Broken Arrow is going to be a Show Down!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Encore was ‘aight, but sure wish they’d dug deeper in the bag for some In the Stone.

They rocked that in 2011. Same arrangement as Bridgemen 1980 I believe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I have a funny feeling Crown is winning champs this year and I don't know why. This isn't favoritism at all- Bloo and BD are my favorite corps. But something tells me Crown's innovation with the app is gonna score some major points in GE.

They might win but the app will not have anything to do with it.  Hope you were joking.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Anyone know how the Broken Arrow show lineup order was determined? Just curious? Crown goes on pretty early. 

In previous years, order of appearance, EXCEPT FOR REGIONALS &, CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK, is based loosely on the prior year's final placement.

For example: corps 10, 11, 12 would go on in some order before 7, 8, 9 who would go on in some order before the next group of 3, etc.

Not sure how it's being handled this year because of the covid exhibition season in 2021.

EDITED to add: I looked at the 2019 results and compared it to the Broken Arrow schedule. Random draw in blocks of 3 (based on 2019 results) is how the BA order was determined (as I tried to describe above).

Edited by Barneveld
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Barneveld said:

In previous years, order of appearance, EXCEPT FOR REGIONALS &, CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK, is based loosely on the prior year's final placement.

For example: corps 10, 11, 12 would go on in some order before 7, 8, 9 who would go on in some order before the next group of 3, etc.

Not sure how it's being handled this year because of the covid exhibition season in 2021.

EDITED to add: I looked at the 2019 results and compared it to the Broken Arrow schedule. Random draw in blocks of 3 (based on 2019 results) is how the BA order was determined (as I tried to describe above).

Broken Arrow is considered one of the old Tour of Champions type shows so it's random draw when all the Top Corps meet 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1