Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

2 hours ago, DrummerParent said:

the soloist played all the way to the end.  Did you see in person or in Flo?  Wondering if Flo sound was the reason it seemed to be different?

I think Flo is the reason.  I like the fact that the soloist pays through the end. I also notice the they may have had some audio issues with intro to the last movement.  

28 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I think Flo is the reason.  I like the fact that the soloist pays through the end. I also notice the they may have had some audio issues with intro to the last movement.  

Not sure of people realize but Flo receives direct feeds from corps’ sound boards now. It can sometimes be a point of error in the hustle of setting up if Flo plugs things incorrectly or gets the feeds crossed. Also, that means an engineer not associated with the corps is responsible for balancing the corps electronics in the live feed.

So what you hear on Flo, in spite of their best efforts, is not always indicative of what you hear live in a stadium which is what the corps’ engineers are balancing for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Someone help me .. I’m sure you all have noticed the proliferation of finely detailed printed fabrics in unis .. silks .. tarps props etc. which are really beautiful up close but from row 3 or further they just look like solid colors. Why is this a thing?  I can see it in Flo multi cam but even that loses a lot of detail.  Just wondering. Random. 

38 minutes ago, BWise said:

Someone help me .. I’m sure you all have noticed the proliferation of finely detailed printed fabrics in unis .. silks .. tarps props etc. which are really beautiful up close but from row 3 or further they just look like solid colors. Why is this a thing?  I can see it in Flo multi cam but even that loses a lot of detail.  Just wondering. Random. 

Graphics Period Lose its image from far away unless it’s bright AF or against a solid background. That’s why during marching band I don’t care too much about digital image flags because from far away the colors blend together and you don’t see whatever image is printed on the flag. I use it more for indoor since it’s a closer audience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a Show Day!

LET’S GO CROWN!!!

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sensioto said:

Today (Tuesday) starts the busiest week for Crown in terms of performances this season. Crown has six shows in the next eight days (including tonight in Broken Arrow). I was surprised as well to see that Crown has fifteen shows left, including tonight, and have only competed five times. Hope the corps is geared up and pumped for a busy week ahead! Show them what you're made of, Crown! 👑

Feels strange only having 20 shows this season, down from the average 30+ shows a season. I wish they had competed more up to this point.

Who’s Flo’in tonight in CrownLAND?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Who’s Flo’in tonight in CrownLAND?

I'll be watching from my bed, with my leg propped up, and DCP sitting open on my laptop so I can read the crazies.

• Haha 7