Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

43 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

BD fans are wrong to say “it’s over” or “no one’s beating this” just from season previews, but it’s okay for Crownies to claim “no one’s beating this” or refer to the corps as “God’s horn line” from those same season previews?  Pot, meet Kettle.  

Peep my last reply, didn’t see yours. Just everyone adopt a more respectful approach and this is avoided. BD fans don’t view their early proclamations as foolish because BD simply wins a lot, and that’s fine, but it still isn’t any less obnoxious. Also there is the hyperbole of their fans calling every show of theirs “perfection”, when everyone would have different prospects of what “perfection” is, if it’s even attainable at all, it’s a different level to be all “God’s hornline” as the connotations of “perfection” also exist there and that rubs people the wrong way, it goes both ways. 

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

29 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

293796814_419810810184092_65644160508100

Kudos to Crown for responsible decision making, but this just makes me sad. Looking forward to a day when we figure this out!

• Like 4

Dumb idea I just had that would amuse me and the folks on reddit and no one else, probably, but I need to put it somewhere:

For one show, replace "Carolina In My Mind" with the entire brass line coming in out of nowhere on a ffff B-flat major chord, with the mellos doing the Crown mello lick.

Then do the rest of the show the exact same way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

Dumb idea I just had that would amuse me and the folks on reddit and no one else, probably, but I need to put it somewhere:

For one show, replace "Carolina In My Mind" with the entire brass line coming in out of nowhere on a ffff B-flat major chord, with the mellos doing the Crown mello lick.

See, I thought at Finals they need to take the fakeout out after the countdown and just give us a fat hit like they did in 2014 after that countdown. Scare the #### out of everyone in attendance since it would be unexpected, and possibly win some GE points in the process. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Incognito365 said:

See, I thought at Finals they need to take the fakeout out after the countdown and just give us a fat hit like they did in 2014 after that countdown. Scare the #### out of everyone in attendance since it would be unexpected, and possibly win some GE points in the process. Lol.

I like this. But I also like the audience's favorite song being the mello lick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

7 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Two words: Freakin’ GENIUS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I like this. But I also like the audience's favorite song being the mello lick.

Maybe they could play audio of them playing it from 2012 or 2013? Ya know, since recorded brass is where we're headed next supposedly. Lol.

Edited by Incognito365
Punctuation
  • Haha 2