Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

With judges now being limited to the sidelines, the percussion score may be even more influenced by the front than ever before though.

I wondered if this would happen with the judges being sidelines. I always thought they needed two judges, one for the pit and one for the battery, because the percussion judge was always up in the grill of the battery and seemed to rarely have anything to do with the pit. 

• Like 2

Why is it that certain people around here can get by with hyping their corps to the max, verging on being way too extra, but when we try all hell breaks loose? I've been wondering this for a while now, and just finally decided to bring it up in the discussion.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Why is it that certain people around here can get by with hyping their corps to the max, verging on being way too extra, but when we try all hell breaks loose? I've been wondering this for a while now, and just finally decided to bring it up in the discussion.

I agree. Idk..Crown Is corps now.  And u going to Hype them up. I remember Crown came to my hometown and didn't care to go to the show, why... bc the BD was not at the show.. lol. 

Anyway that was back in my teenage years...

Go Crown!!! Letsgetit!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

I agree. Idk..Crown Is corps now.  And u going to Hype them up. I remember Crown came to my hometown and didn't care to go to the show, why... bc the BD was not at the show.. lol. 

Anyway that was back in my teenage years...

Go Crown!!! Letsgetit!!!

Bless you're heart! Hope it wasn't one of the great years! Lol. I almost did that in 2014 when Bloo was rehearsing in June at the high school I taught at. I pulled myself together and went up. Glad I did!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Crank it up and rib the nob off.  Crownies have lots to be proud of.

Respectfully, I just think the show is very high-demand, so over-exciting the corps verges on dangerous. They have to breathe and focus to execute this beast they made safely... lean into the portions of the show where the crowd takes over the hype. They don't have to sell or over perform the design; they could just sit back into it at this point. They just need to break in their shoes, so to speak.

And I'm truly trying to be sensitive here, as an alum of another corps who was taken out by multiple injuries across the years. 😇

It's all good! I was noticing the years you marched with SCV, and you marched one of my favorite years, 2005! Only because I got to hear Russian Christmas Music on the field again! Lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Bless you're heart! Hope it wasn't one of the great years! Lol. I almost did that in 2014 when Bloo was rehearsing in June at the high school I taught at. I pulled myself together and went up. Glad I did!

It wasn't. It was early 2000s when they were just getting started. It was all BD, Cavies, Cadets, SCV for me during those years.  Now,  in 2007 some friends and I went to watch Crown practice and the hornline about gave me a heart attack. They were already loud but then they did this brass hit;  Literally took my breath away, didn't know they could get any louder. lol. 

Edited by rchitectburd23BD01
addition
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

It wasn't. It was early 2000s when they were just getting started. It was all BD, Cavies, Cadets, SCV for me during those years.  Now,  in 2007 some friends and I went to watch Crown practice and the hornline about gave me a heart attack. They were already loud but then they did this brass hit;  Literally took my breath away, didn't know they could get any louder. lol. 

I was all about the Cavies, Cadets, and SCV during that time too. Crown grabbed my attention in 2006 on the DVD, and then I got to see them live in 2007 at Drums Across the Bluegrass. I was about 6 rows up on the 40. I never turned back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I was all about the Cavies, Cadets, and SCV during that time too. Crown grabbed my attention in 2006 on the DVD, and then I got to see them live in 2007 at Drums Across the Bluegrass. I was about 6 rows up on the 40. I never turned back.

I first saw Crown in 2005 it didn't catch my attention. Cadets had my attention though I knew they were going to win. They had a totally different sound from the previous year. Anyway I heard Crown 2005 on CD and was like I don't remember this angelic goodness. lol. 

11 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

It's all good! I was noticing the years you marched with SCV, and you marched one of my favorite years, 2005! Only because I got to hear Russian Christmas Music on the field again! Lol.

That was my half season. It's a sad story.

Actually, it was my second time performing Russian Christmas Music. My HS guard instructor was a ring-holder Cavie who pretty much groomed me for SC. My first marching band show was Russian Sketches, totally in honor of SC. I'm glad I got to march even part of 05, but it was tough. I consider it a latter dark year, honestly.

It means the world that you enjoy it, thank you. Sorry to be off topic in Crownie land. :worthy:

• Sad 1