Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

29 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Congrats Crown! Feel like we have more work to do. I do feel like tonight was a ok run.  Also the percussion need to step it up in all areas. The closer Intro use to be hott but idk what happened.  

I think it's the book that's setting them back to be honest. They need to beef it up! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Oh really. Wow. I thought it was two separate incidents.  

Looks like he picked up the horn and the guard members may have been distracted and then the rifle was tossed. 

I don't like to comment on Crown because there is a stigma. I think their show is so fantastic. It's the one I'm betting on to win over Devils. I do think they are lacking so critically in percussive content. Watching the show there really isn't a prominent drumline moment. The drum break isn't even memorable. I think they need to tweak this. The drum book is just not top calibre. I hope they focus more on this rather than more "spices to the pot". I think the issue w crown is very obvious. Just fix the weak points.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, squarepush said:

I don't like to comment on Crown because there is a stigma. I think their show is so fantastic. It's the one I'm betting on to win over Devils. I do think they are lacking so critically in percussive content. Watching the show there really isn't a prominent drumline moment. The drum break isn't even memorable. I think they need to tweak this. The drum book is just not top calibre. I hope they focus more on this rather than more "spices to the pot". I think the issue w crown is very obvious. Just fix the weak points.

It's time to panic about percussion and make changes.

This has been a problem with Crown for 10+ years now. 

The difference in percussion alone is why they didn't come home with a gold medal in 2015. It would also have brought them within .1 of the championship in 2012 and 2016- and adding to the argument that percussion is included within music analysis, GE2, etc....Crown could have 4 gold medals instead of 1.

There were some issues outside of percussion in 2017-2019 but as we can see Crown is still very much relevant and competitive.

They will not win the championship in 2022 scoring 7th in percussion. It's not going to happen. 

Edit: my autocorrect is the worst.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Captions looked much better tonight. No brass judge hurt them and could have pushed that lead further but a win is a win. Need to CLEAN. Weakest part right now is visual and percussion. Guard with a great score tonight given the windy conditions. On to the next!

Mr. Tiger, since they were missing the brass judge, they gave everyone in that caption Jay Kennedy's Music Analysis numbers, and he already had Crown in first.  So it is unlikely that the missing judge hurt you guys....at all. Also, fun fact: this is the same Jay Jennedy who was BAC'S music arranger about a decade ago.  😀

• Like 3

Oh yeah .. I’m late 

Today’s a show day 

LET’S GO CROWN!!!

👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑🔥👑

• Like 3

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Mr. Tiger, since they were missing the brass judge, they gave everyone in that caption Jay Kennedy's Music Analysis numbers, and he already had Crown in first.  So it is unlikely that the missing judge hurt you guys....at all. Also, fun fact: this is the same Jay Jennedy who was BAC'S music arranger about a decade ago.  😀

Sorry Craig .. disagree .. Crown’s Brass Scores have outpaced MA consistently .. so there was a 0.2 spread at BA for Crown .. your fun fact provides some context on a full one point MA jump in one day for BAC  … 👀 .. and again I like the BAC show and am not against you guys but above is how a Crown person might see it. 

• Like 1