Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

3 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

It's time to panic about percussion and make changes.

This has been a problem with Crown for 10+ years now. 

I'm not sure what if any changes have been made since 2015, but even if they haven't, I'm afraid you're right. For whatever reason, they just aren't getting things done. They'll never win with deficits like that. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm not sure what if any changes have been made since 2015, but even if they haven't, I'm afraid you're right. For whatever reason, they just aren't getting things done. They'll never win with deficits like that. 

I’m trying to figure out…  in the Paul Rennick years there were still issues right? 
They had a lot of holes last night which doesn’t help   
I don’t know perc that well .. is it content .. achievement  .. is there too much drill in the current show? 
what is the adjustment needed now ? 
To me .. judging across all captions has been somewhat volatile all season … and in fairness they were 5th last night 4th at BA … I have not seen them be 7th in 2022.. 

Edited by BWise

43 minutes ago, BWise said:

Sorry Craig .. disagree .. Crown’s Brass Scores have outpaced MA consistently .. so there was a 0.2 spread at BA for Crown .. your fun fact provides some context on a full one point MA jump in one day for BAC  … 👀 .. and again I like the BAC show and am not against you guys but above is how a Crown person might see it. 

Kennedy still had Crown in first and BAC in third in his caption.

1 hour ago, BWise said:

I’m trying to figure out…  in the Paul Rennick years there were still issues right? 
They had a lot of holes last night which doesn’t help   
I don’t know perc that well .. is it content .. achievement  .. is there too much drill in the current show? 
what is the adjustment needed now ? 
To me .. judging across all captions has been somewhat volatile all season … and in fairness they were 5th last night 4th at BA … I have not seen them be 7th in 2022.. 

Sorry. I meant to project 6th vs 7th for finals.

But even 5th or 4th in percussion is a huge barrier when you are after a championship 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

That still gives BAC a H2H with Crown a pick up of 0.5 points in a day and a half. And an overall 1.6 Brass/MA pick up in 1.5 days .. vs Crown 0.7 .. I don’t think you can say the judging had no effect at all on Crown and seems pretty farcical to me. But. Just my opinion. Goes back to the implication that no brass judge did not impact the competition.  Numerically it did. Ordinals it did not.  Optically definitely did. Bloo might have something to say too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hey Crown fans - I’ be always wondered this and wanted to know your thoughts. Which year was Crown brass at its best?

2013 obviously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Doesn’t matter that Crown won MA. They would have won brass too. Crown beat Boston’s brass by .4 in BA and the doubled up score for MA only had crown with a .2 advantage in the brass sub-caption. So if we apply the BA brass spread then Crown gains another .2 points and opens the lead up. Pretty simple math to understand that not having brass hurt Crown in that the lead could have been bigger last night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Hey Crown fans - I’ be always wondered this and wanted to know your thoughts. Which year was Crown brass at its best?

Most impressive and exposed brass in a show: 2012

Most fun to watch in the lot: 2014

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sensioto said:

IMO in descending order of Ott years: 2013, 2012, 2017, 2016, 2009, 2019, 2011

This is honestly the rankings I’d have too, although that 2012 hornline was FREAKISHLY good…loved what they brought to that show even more than 2013