Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

6 minutes ago, craiga said:

Congrats, Carolina Crown! See you tomorrow night in Georgia!

Thank you for the respect and congrats to BAC for a great run!

• Like 2

So any thoughts on the opener changes? I think the build to the first note is way too long. I do like the infinity symbol added tho. 

The fabric section in movement two is still scrappy. 

I still feel like they gas out in the closer ..

But best of all .. the concept and design is getting rewarded. Visual and GE being so strong so me thinks the idea of there being a design/creative issue that could hold them back seems moot. 

If they can get that show clean and crisp it’s still a possible winner. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Watch the high cam it definitely lacked the energy from the first 2 shows! To me the guard had the most off night and I’m surprised them beating bac in achievement although bac had some issues as well. 

BAC just had too many drops. But their content is solid. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BWise said:

Crap .. I was sweating it a little. But that’s a massive score. 

You’re a Crown fan: we always sweat.

Reinforced and crystallized forever after Inferno.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

BAC just had too many drops. But their content is solid. 

They both had a crap ton of Drops! It’s going to be a fight for that award for sure! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

They both had a crap ton of Drops! It’s going to be a fight for that award for sure! 

Even though I think Crown's guard has a hare slightly less content than BAC's, I think they have more overall effect both musically & visually.  While watching BAC at times I feel like they have rifle tosses for the sake of rifle tosses without enhancing the musical/visual moment.  Just my two cents.  This reminds me of people saying Crown plays notes to play notes.  I will add they BAC is still incredible though and I am not taking anything away from them.

Edited by B-Flat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Even though I think Crown's guard has a hare slightly less content than BAC's, I think they have more overall effect both musically & visually.  While watching BAC at times I feel like they have rifle tosses for the shake of rifle tosses without enhancing the musical/visual moment.  Just my two cents.  This reminds me of people saying Crown plays notes to play notes.  

Wholeheartedly agree! I feel BAC and BD focus more on their weapons, then the whole guard as an effect which Crown has done wonderfully because that Flag Line is Killer this year along with their weapons. It just feels that they are included into the entire package than an after thought from time to time as flag lines usually are here and there.

6 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

While watching BAC at times I feel like they have rifle tosses for the sake of rifle tosses without enhancing the musical/visual moment.  

Agreed. Granted they have the chops to pull it off, but their previous winning seasons didn’t make me feel this way — it’s not very musical, sometimes. Definitely interesting to see Crown and BAC guards back to back, though, because both feel huge, but the approaches are pretty different. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Wholeheartedly agree! I feel BAC and BD focus more on their weapons, then the whole guard as an effect which Crown has done wonderfully because that Flag Line is Killer this year along with their weapons. It just feels that they are included into the entire package than an after thought from time to time as flag lines usually are here and there.

Which is why they are out scoring Boston in GE. If that aspect of “entire package” were part of the criteria for judging guard it would help them for sure, but that’s just not on the guard rubric. The work is still less than what Boston is doing though so that content score is not likely to catch up. I do think they can catch them in cleanliness though, the run last week in Muncie was certainly cleaner than tonight was. It’ll be an interesting caption to watch over finals weekend because at this point if one of these groups happens to have an off night, it could easily cost them the caption.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 4

In terms of rifles I'm thankful they're still around, and I prefer a perfectly executed group triple than an individual throwing a six or seven.  I see a lot of individual tosses and it's just not that effective in my opinion.  

• Like 1