Bonfiglio/27th dispute

On 2/14/2022 at 9:32 AM, fsthnds said:

From what I have heard the Ma. AG's office is investigating the organization now that the evidence came public from the civil decision. Denise could easliy be charged with all 3 of the reasons!

Quote your sources...........

On 2/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, fsthnds said:

If anything this group should be returning donations to the donors who were misled on how their donations were being used instead of asking for donations for Legal Bills!

This is the funniest post ever. No one forced anyone to donate, but wait, if their donations are returned, will everyone file an amended tax return for the donations they wrote off?

On 2/13/2022 at 10:18 AM, skevinp said:

So will the plaintiffs’ be distributing the $87k to the donors of those funds?

No - this is the funniest post. The brother thinks his sister is going to split the 87k with him since he was joined in the lawsuit - wait until she cuts him out of the pay day. 

21 minutes ago, BitterDCIFan said:

No - this is the funniest post. The brother thinks his sister is going to split the 87k with him since he was joined in the lawsuit - wait until she cuts him out of the pay day. 

You really think that’s the way things work when there’s two plaintiffs in a lawsuit? One of them gets a check and is entrusted to split the money? 

On 12/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, Bob984 said:

Interesting read.......I can tell you that Mr. B was not a happy camper after 1981 when he lost Mr. Z, Miss Twigs, and Mr. Sylvester to Garfield....and when the Cadets won the title in 1983, he rushed his corps to the buses with not a handshake....still, this isn't about Mr. B......nor is it about the family squabble over the corps name, alumni events, etc.........what I DO think is a HUGE concern (and the main concern) is that a charity was founded by DB for the supposed main purpose of providing scholarships for young people to march, and perhaps at the onset, things were genuine.  However,   when you take in over 14K in a calendar year, but only provide 2K in scholarships and the rest is "expenses"......thus over 76% administrative costs, and those being "questionable"....there are red flags all over the place.  Also, info from the plaintiffs indicate that they tried everything to reason with DB, to no avail....she was "running the show", and "FU"....even though Mr. B in his will directives gave control to the plaintiffs....a civil court ruling stands, and DB is liable for a large sum of money....she is the CEO of a major corps with a $2 million+ budget, and has the checkbook.......also, with 17 other Cadet board members, many new, and the final verdict just being a few weeks ago, I would not be surprised if Cadets board members know nothing of this......from an outsider's perspective, looking at the suit, the judge's remarks, and especially the 990's for the foundation, it would have taken me 5 minutes to reach my verdict (the same as the judges), and I would be wanting to take a serious look at Schedule O attachments for 7 years, and would also want to see verified bank balance and transactions for the foundation (as there is over 21K that is supposed to be currently in there....maybe it is...maybe it's not....it may sound "paltry" in today's terms, but that's 20 more $1K scholarships that could be awarded.......)

The Foundation fund balance was continuing to grow, hoping to get to the 60k figure and then turn the assets over to the Greater Lowell Community Foundation, an agency that manages portfolios like this. They would continue to give (2) scholarships in perpetuity. This is what happened to the Zingali Scholarship fund.

https://glcfoundation.org/nonprofits/

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

You really think that’s the way things work when there’s two plaintiffs in a lawsuit? One of them gets a check and is entrusted to split the money? 

Yes I do - but let's see what happens when the funds are paid out. Will it get as much mileage here as the lawsuit?

On 12/27/2021 at 3:09 PM, Tim K said:

This situation has gotten so complicated over the years and it is too bad. If you followed the old 27th FB page, you may recall heated posts around 2011 or so when a 2012 reunion was in the works which turned out to be a disaster. If you know people who attended and they shared stories, you wouldn’t believe them. 

Actually - the 2012 reunion was a great success. Friday evening was an impromptu party, while Saturday evening was the more formal sit down dinner. There were hundreds of posters lining the celebration and alumni from every year were present. Patty encouraged the Foundation to set up an area to promote the Foundation. On Saturday evening, there was a group that got special recognition, people that Patty said her father wanted to acknowledge, and Patty gave the Foundation a check for $500 to help jump start the scholarship fund. The reunion in 2014 was not well attended. 

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Bluto is on a roll…

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I thought this thread died a quiet death a while ago.

Nothing of value is being added in this thread and it is only adding fuel to the fire of what is, in essence, a family dispute.

Moderators, I think it’s time to close this thread.

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I thought this thread died a quiet death a while ago.

Nothing of value is being added in this thread and it is only adding fuel to the fire of what is, in essence, a family dispute.

Moderators, I think it’s time to close this thread.

As the OP I’ll disagree. 

• Like 5