Bonfiglio/27th dispute

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So she is saying the judge is wrong and they are right in understanding the laws? 🙄

Geez a little “we thought we were doing this the right way but the judge disagreed” would show some humility….

Nah that’s not the American way 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Based on Judge Fahey’s interpretation of witness testimony and her mistaken comprehension of facts, Judge Fahey found in favor of the Plaintiffs and assessed damages in the amount of $87,761.15. This judgment amount accrues interest every day.
We were in complete disagreement with Judge Fahey’s findings and filed an Appeal. Our Appeal was filed in the Appellate Court; Suffolk Superior jurisdiction in Boston and oral arguments were held in September 2021. To our dismay and deep disappointment, the Appellate Court upheld Judge Fahey’s decision and the outstanding balance of damages must be paid. The Foundation will be bankrupt, and Janine and I are personally responsible for paying these damages.

They can probably afford to pay off the debt.  In today's market, that's about the going rate for a used AMC Pacer; "the first wide small car".  :thumbup:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

They can probably afford to pay off the debt.  In today's market, that's about the going rate for a used AMC Pacer; "the first wide small car".  :thumbup:

Quit picking on AMC… 😈

Family had a Hudson then Rambler then AMC then oh crap no dealership 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Quit picking on AMC… 😈

Family had a Hudson then Rambler then AMC then oh crap no dealership 

The AMC Pacer was one of my favorite Hot Wheels cars when I was a kid. My first girlfriend had a 1977 Ford Pinto in light blue. There is a Rambler fan club here in Chattanooga. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm actually 'warming up' to the station wagon version.  Looks like it'll carry a lot of drums. 😁

Went to Busch Gardens when they were promoting “Wayne’s World”. They had a stretch limo version of a Pacer. 😳😱

And to answer weaklefthander, sister belonged (still belongs?) to Rambler/AMC club. Saw George Romney at Nationals one year. Instead of talking about his time with Rambler he griped about how people were treating his kid (think the name was Mitt 😆). Guess George thought he was speaking to another group.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm actually 'warming up' to the station wagon version.  Looks like it'll carry a lot of drums. 😁

No one will know that you're a drummer if you don't drive the obligatory white panel pan with no side window though! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

No one will know that you're a drummer if you don't drive the obligatory white panel pan with no side window though! 

Or a VW 'Vanagon' 😁 Those are good for transporting timpani. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Or a VW 'Vanagon' 😁 Those are good for transporting timpani. 

Camper on the top, party in the back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bob984 said:

Frankly, the trademark/name was of little significance here (including the plaintiffs).  What WAS at issue was gross misuse of funds for individual purposes, not the intended purposes of the foundation.

So will the plaintiffs’ be distributing the $87k to the donors of those funds?