The Cavaliers 2022

Saw cavies live in Detroit and a decent quality video from Muncie…dirty af visually but they will be in the medal discussion if they clean clean clean.  This program has the ge legs to go places.

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Looks like they had more guard on the field. At the premier I counted 29. Last night 32? I could be wrong…

Starting to think the guard issues last year, this year and I'm not sure, but maybe other previous years could be a sign that maybe it's time to get over the hump and allow females into the corps. If I'm a super-talented, male guard person and I want a top notch corps to go to, there's a lot of others I'd choose before the Cavaliers. 

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Starting to think the guard issues last year, this year and I'm not sure, but maybe other previous years could be a sign that maybe it's time to get over the hump and allow females into the corps. If I'm a super-talented, male guard person and I want a top notch corps to go to, there's a lot of others I'd choose before the Cavaliers. 

No thanks

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

No thanks

How come? Just the tradition or something else? 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Saw cavies live in Detroit and a decent quality video from Muncie…dirty af visually but they will be in the medal discussion if they clean clean clean.  This program has the ge legs to go places.

I find their outfits don't read well from a distance and they end up look clumpy on the field.  

10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

How come? Just the tradition or something else? 

No offense, but I’m not going to open up this can of worms. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards as well as The Scouts boards.

FYI…the guard finished 5th at Finals in 2019, not sure how that would be a need for a major change.

Edited by GREENBLUE

5 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

No offense, but I’m not going to open up this can of worms. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards as well as The Scouts boards.

FYI…the guard finished 5th at Finals in 2019, not sure how that would be a need for a major change.

None taken. Fair enough. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Thought they were improved last night. The whole show looked better. Including the guard. Just not the same caliber yet as in recent years.

I thought they were improved and im not worried brass-wise, percussion wise, or GE wise. Visually, Cavies need more work right now.

The ending is percussive...

15 minutes ago, Continental said:

I find their outfits don't read well from a distance and they end up look clumpy on the field.  

I don’t mind the corps proper, nor the top of the guard. The rust colored pants on the guard blend too much. Needed something brighter

20 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Right. Panic over 4th or 5th place finishes is partly why the Cavaliers started having problems around 08.

• Thanks 1