The Cavaliers 2022

34 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I thought they only had 26 in guard? Looks like they might be having the same challenges as Madison had in recruitment?  Their guard last year was super small so maybe a knock on from that?

Will be interesting  to see how their show develops but right now their guard is not their usual strength 

Definitely a small guard this year. Also some noticeable holes. I was worried when I saw how small they were last year. I think this year they’re small but the show is giving them plenty of room to be effective. Just gotta clean, clean, clean. They’ve had good work in recent years but the cleanliness hasn’t always been there, and it’s just a lot of basic stuff … They’re way too talented for some of the errors they’ve still been making come finals week.  

Guard WAS one of the Cavies many strengths at the corps’ peak — they won a couple titles and got the first perfect 20 with Frameworks, iirc? — and I really hope they get back to being in fighting form. What the Cavies guard did for Niagara Falls, Four Corners, Frameworks, the Chicago show, the Billy Joel show, 007……… just phenomenal. So much style. I’m rooting for them this year! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Definitely a small guard this year. Also some noticeable holes. I was worried when I saw how small they were last year. I think this year they’re small but the show is giving them plenty of room to be effective. Just gotta clean, clean, clean. They’ve had good work in recent years but the cleanliness hasn’t always been there, and it’s just a lot of basic stuff … They’re way too talented for some of the errors they’ve still been making come finals week.  

Guard WAS one of the Cavies many strengths at the corps’ peak — they won a couple titles and got the first perfect 20 with Frameworks, iirc? — and I really hope they get back to being in fighting form. What the Cavies guard did for Niagara Falls, Four Corners, Frameworks, the Chicago show, the Billy Joel show, 007……… just phenomenal. So much style. I’m rooting for them this year! 

I have heard that since so many other corps guards are male/ female that they are having a more difficult time recruiting guard members

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I have heard that since so many other corps guards are male/ female that they are having a more difficult time recruiting guard members

Makes sense. A lot of the best midwest talent gets eaten up by DCI guards with strong WGI ties too (ie BAC —> Pride of Cincinnati) so I wonder if it’s partially a recruiting problem. Still I think their size this year is fine! It’s not really what’s holding them back. Cavies seem smaller overall, so they fit in.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Makes sense. A lot of the best midwest talent gets eaten up by DCI guards with strong WGI ties too (ie BAC —> Pride of Cincinnati) so I wonder if it’s partially a recruiting problem. Still I think their size this year is fine! It’s not really what’s holding them back. Cavies seem smaller overall, so they fit in.  

30 guard. Normally 32 in recent years. Just seem smaller now others marching 38+

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I agree.  

This show reminds me a little of 2010, but I think they're starting better off here in 2022.

I saw their opener with Cadets and Crown in Norfolk; They called that the 3Cs show or something like that.

I thought the Cavaliers were destined to drop to 8th place after that first viewing. It was visually and musically rough and lost to Little Jeffrey and A 2nd Chance. By the end of the summer they sat solidly in 2nd and I was eating crow!

This show feels like that show for me.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

This show reminds me a little of 2010, but I think they're starting better off here in 2022.

I saw their opener with Cadets and Crown in Norfolk; They called that the 3Cs show or something like that.

I thought the Cavaliers were destined to drop to 8th place after that first viewing. It was visually and musically rough and lost to Little Jeffrey and A 2nd Chance. By the end of the summer they sat solidly in 2nd and I was eating crow!

This show feels like that show for me.

You know what? For whatever reason the beginning of the 2010 season popped up in my head this morning. 

I will never forget the atmosphere of DCP too.... folks giving up on them and I never did. And I won't start now. 

50 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

You know what? For whatever reason the beginning of the 2010 season popped up in my head this morning. 

I will never forget the atmosphere of DCP too.... folks giving up on them and I never did. And I won't start now. 

Don't ever give up on the corps you love.

• Thanks 1