Jump to content

Four years ago today the Drum Corps world exploded


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

This shows safe sport can only do so much 

https://apple.news/AiznRdcGYR2ed4K-JNR3tGQ

Of course.  But gotta start somewhere.  WGI implemented SafeSport, yet there sure was a Timing and Penalties judge in Dayton (this year) that was known to WGI to have done some not-above board things with members.  Yet that person still coaches a high school program and dons a WGI polo to serve on a panel.  WGI definitely knows...this person was investigated and released from a group for inappropriate contact with members. 

So yeah...long way to go...but it's a start.

Edited by NewToPosting
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

This shows safe sport can only do so much 

https://apple.news/AiznRdcGYR2ed4K-JNR3tGQ

What hit me was “this group polices Olympics and this group polices public education”. IOW groups have their separate area and no way to check each other’s records. Like in the day before national checks and someone would just move to another state.

Question for me is: SafeSport has holes in its protections. What, if anything, are they doing to correct the shortcomings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

Of course.  But gotta start somewhere.  WGI implemented SafeSport, yet there sure was a Timing and Penalties judge in Dayton (this year) that was known to WGI to have done some not-above board things with members.  Yet that person still coaches a high school program and dons a WGI polo to serve on a panel.  WGI definitely knows...this person was investigated and released from a group for inappropriate contact with members. 

So yeah...long way to go...but it's a start.

Whut?  And they know?  That’s just plain willful negligence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What hit me was “this group polices Olympics and this group polices public education”. IOW groups have their separate area and no way to check each other’s records. Like in the day before national checks and someone would just move to another state.

Question for me is: SafeSport has holes in its protections. What, if anything, are they doing to correct the shortcomings 

On “Cheer”, the perv was reported to safesport and they did nothing.  The kid’s tiger mom went to the FBI.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

On “Cheer”, the perv was reported to safesport and they did nothing.  The kid’s tiger mom went to the FBI.  

Well #### SafeSport then…. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another HS band director sentenced to 7 years after pleading guilty.  Former director at Hopkinsville High School in Christian County, Kentucky.

https://whopam.com/2022/04/29/170859/# 

Note the last paragraph about his former wife, who was an assistant county attorney, was charged with witness tampering. 😳

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NewToPosting said:

Of course.  But gotta start somewhere.  WGI implemented SafeSport, yet there sure was a Timing and Penalties judge in Dayton (this year) that was known to WGI to have done some not-above board things with members.  Yet that person still coaches a high school program and dons a WGI polo to serve on a panel.  WGI definitely knows...this person was investigated and released from a group for inappropriate contact with members. 

So yeah...long way to go...but it's a start.

quite disheartening actually

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Another HS band director sentenced to 7 years after pleading guilty.  Former director at Hopkinsville High School in Christian County, Kentucky.

https://whopam.com/2022/04/29/170859/# 

Note the last paragraph about his former wife, who was an assistant county attorney, was charged with witness tampering. 😳

what part of Don't #### The Kids don't these ######## not get?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...