Show announcements and Streaming options

26 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If a Corps would do a Sousa show copyright wouldn't be an issue.

(Note as a low-brass guy I am contractually obligated to enjoy playing JPS marches(

High school band did two concerts a year. Each concert had two parts with a break in the middle. Each part started and ended with a march. (Might have been all Sousa but too long ago.) Never want to hear another tag note as long as I live.

da daaa da da… DA!

29 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

(Note as a low-brass guy I am contractually obligated to enjoy playing JPS marches(

It would have to be the right corps that could do a modern twist. Otherwise it’s going to put most fans to sleep. 

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Public service announcement: if you ever get the chance to see Sousas life movie “Stars and Stripes Forever” with Clifton Webb… don’t.

Bad history in spots and Robert Wagner can’t fake playing a sousaphone for …… And they never mention Sousa being with Boys of 76 drum corps…. 🤬

Have it in my collection 🙄

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

Licensing what?  

the permission to use the music, arrange it, stream it

Blanket non-announcements of show music haven't ever gone this late into the pre-season, from what I can recall.

We've gotten a couple of show themes, but no actual music has been announced from ANY corps that I can find.

...and I'm sure some corps are playing at least some music in the public domain.

Anyway, just weird and mildly irritating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Blanket non-announcements of show music haven't ever gone this late into the pre-season, from what I can recall.

We've gotten a couple of show themes, but no actual music has been announced from ANY corps that I can find.

...and I'm sure some corps are playing at least some music in the public domain.

Anyway, just weird and mildly irritating. 

Yep and what's weird is that it seems like DCI hasn't decided where the Houston show is going to be performed. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Yep and what's weird is that it seems like DCI hasn't decided where the Houston show is going to be performed. 

Maybe NOT in Houston? Hmmmmm