DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

Crown's guard is the best they've been since the Michael Townsend era.

Edited by FLBuzcut
  • Like 9

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Yeah that show is gonna push.  BD, Bloo, and Crown are gonna duke it out.  Each one has some 'spots to work on' but each show has a complete and compelling package.

I'm at the point though I'm not invested so much in who wins. I just wanna be wowed. And they are wowing me.

I agree completely. All of these shows are so good Omg it’s too much! 

• Like 1

Just now, squarepush said:

How about Hebron? They’re monsters….

Hebron stays pretty safe in the box design wise. Flower mound can go a little out there in a very good way (loved the Seuss show). Crown is trying to do the same thing

I think they are a bit heavy on the speaking parts, but that visual and musical program make up for it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I was gonna say Flower Mound. 

Don't start that Texas v Indiana band stuff here, Mister!  

Crown is fabulous. They are definitely creating moments. It's the kind of show you'd see for the opening ceremony of the Olympic and the ballad actually gave me similar feels to Summon The Heroes. It's all there. Color, field coverage, top-notch captions. This is definitely a CONTENDER. Not saying they are better than BD or Bloo, but they will have a shot. I love everything about the show. 

• Like 6

My little tidbits for the ballad. Voiced my love for the piece quite a few times already and I’m very glad Crown’s playing it. But I think it’s simply too fast for one, not approached as gently as it could be, slow it down a tad and give a bit more care, especially in the large hit, it felt a bit too sudden, even if it’s authentic to the piece because it’s not approached correctly to start with. Just my opinion🤐

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLBuzcut said:

Crown's guard is the best they've been since the Michael Townsend era.

They really are back. I found myself watching them more. What an entry after a couple odd years. 

• Like 4