DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Corn, beans, corn, beans…. 😂 

giphy.gif

Just for you @Terri Schehr

• Haha 2

Great show last night. My FLO feed was really good (for the live show). I did not try to watch again this afternoon. Too many errands to run, but I guess people are having issues with the FLO rebroadcast. 

MY FAVORITE SHOWS FROM LAST NIGHT

1. Phantom Regiment - they may have my favorite for the season. We could take a poll over how many babies will be tossed at Finals in Indy. 

2. Carolina Crown - I agree with others that this show has an element of theme park cheese to it. But since I am more of a music guy it is undeniable for me to resist the stellar performance by their brass and percussion and the wonderful and uplifting music. I believe they will make changes to find the right balance between competition, artistry, and entertainment. The show is fun and I did not try to read anything into it. 

3. Blue Stars - their show did not grab as much in Detroit, but last night I really enjoyed that. Love the music, and their guard is spectacular. Percussion will improve. It's a solid top 12 show. The uniforms could be an issue because they work really well in some parts of the show but they do not allow the corps to have those large ensemble drill moves where things come together visually and musically. Still, I was much more pleased with them last night. 

4. Colts - An excellent show that did not feel cluttered and I enjoyed the music. 

5. Cavaliers - I like it, and I want to like it more, but the show is not clicking right now. Having said that they are scoring fairly well for being as dirty as they are. But I feel they are in danger of dropping a spot or two if they do not find a few "hooks" in this show. Brass is fine with a tough book. Percussion is doing well too. But the music all feels cluttered and devoid of thematic development. Guard seems to be much weaker and needs work. Drill is cluttered too. Demanding? Yes. But the visual analysis scores may hurt them if they do not find some visual moves that coordinate well with music that drives home the point. Talented group of performers for sure. 

6. Crossmen - I LOVE their uniforms. I know some do not. This could be a show that I end up loving but they suffer from some clutter as well. I believe their show will sparkle a lot more as they fine tune the theme and the moments in the show. Pretty solid brass line. Guard and percussion seem strong to me. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Oh yeah, it'll work. I have a Motorola G Power 2021 and it works great. The issue is off brand phones, people not leaving their ring volume down and only needing to turn up their media volume, and people not giving the technology a chance to work properly and instead writing it off only a week after it released. 

Turning up only the media volume and not the ring volume is not nearly as straightforward on iOS as it is on android. Especially for the layman. Crown should add a prompt to the app specifically showing users how to properly turn their volume up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke4496 said:

Anyone else have issues with the rebroadcast? How is it that I can play the live shows 100% fine but not a rebroadcast?

Flo can’t seem to figure out the rebroadcast for some reason 

Below are some uneducated rankings for the top 5 to this point of the season. 

Best Total Music Ensembles

1. Blue Devils
  2. Carolina Crown 
  3. Santa Clara Vanguard
  4. Boston Crusaders
  5. Bluecoats 

Best Visual Programs

1. Blue Devils
  2. Bluecoats
  3. Carolina Crown
  4. Boston Crusaders
  5. Santa Clara Vanguard

Best Color Guard

1. Blue Devils
  2. Bluecoats
  3. Boston Crusaders
  4. Carolina Crown
  5. Blue Stars

GENERAL EFFECT MUSIC

1. Phantom Regiment - but very dirty
  2. Carolina Crown
  3. Blue Devils
  4. Bluecoats
  5. Santa Clara Vanguard

GENERAL EFFECT VISUAL

1. Blue Devils
  2. Bluecoats
  3. Carolina Crown
  4. Boston Crusaders
  5. Santa Clara Vanguard

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

This is probably not the place but some people on here are taking this a little too seriously.  I’ve been a fan, a marching member, the parent of a MM for 54 years.  I really think it’s going a little overboard to resort to insults over drum corps.  Just try to remember that if you wouldn’t walk up to someone and say it, you probably shouldn’t say it on here.

I've been tempted to start a 2022 Rant/Vent thread where everyone can go to hate on (insert Corps name here) and leave the Corps and show threads alone. Would also make it easier for mods to do their clean up chores. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I've been tempted to start a 2022 Rant/Vent thread where everyone can go to hate on (insert Corps name here) and leave the Corps and show threads alone. Would also make it easier for mods to do their clean up chores. 

I didn’t get worked up even when my kid was marching.   In the greater scheme of things, it’s just drum corps and we don’t have any control over who wins or loses anyway.  I just ride the wave. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5