DCI Central Indiana (Muncie) July 1

Just now, MarchMello10 said:

Personally, something I enjoy about this show is how it embraces being more of a “concert” production. The whole “if you’re on the right clap” thing is really cheesy but I think it’s intentional and really sets the mood for something other than a drum corps show.

While I can see an eventual criticism being that the corps relies too heavily on gimmicks like the big streamers or the app, I would ultimately disagree because what’s going on musically and visually is really incredible to back up all the gimmicks. 

Every corps uses gimmicks to an extent in this era. I think the corps that don’t rely on the gimmicks are the ones who do very well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

I took an edlbie an hour ago and this comment has me on the floor. 

Glad I can be of service 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

@Chief Gunsreceipts!  We need receipts! 

Oh don't worry Ms. Terri, I am logging names lol. You best believe come finals night receipts will be collected. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Wash, rinse and repeat! Got to love 💕 Crownies cheesy production’s. Simon says! Even though the guard doesn’t incorporate a lot of dance in their routine, they’re the most improved section. What the production lacks in visual and GE they make it up with brass acrobatics and unison percussion performance. Musically it’s what we have come to expect from the Crownies as with the Crown staple at the end. 

Mr. Poppycock, I’ve never heard such poppycock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Pretty sure it was all pre-show. The countdown from 10 was when Potter did his final corps intro, and that's generally the cue for judging to begin.

Then that is just perfect 👌🏻That was my only worry about this show thinking it could cut into their amounted time. 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

I took an edlbie an hour ago and this comment has me on the floor. 

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you taking an edible an hour ago...

• Haha 2

I think it is obvious who won tonight. I would have Crown on top by a lot. Carolina will absolutely contend with this show. Again, not saying they will beat BD or Bloo but the are most definitely in tier 1 with those two corps. I would have SCV and Boston as the next two that have potential for tier 1 but are now in tier 2. I think Cavaliers are more tier 3 at this point. 

• Like 4

Just now, jwillis35 said:

I think it is obvious who won tonight. I would have Crown on top by a lot. Carolina will absolutely contend with this show. Again, not saying they will beat BD or Bloo but the are most definitely in tier 1 with those two corps. I would have SCV and Boston as the next two that have potential for tier 1 but are now in tier 2. I think Cavaliers are more tier 3 at this point. 

I agree, and I think the cavies have a really cool show