July 3rd - "The Beanpot" - Manning Field, Lynn, Massachusetts

4 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

it’s a rebuilding year for EVERYONE

I disagree. Boston is not in a rebuilding year. I know what re-building years are all about and this is not that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

I disagree. Boston is not in a rebuilding year. I know what re-building years are all about and this is not that.

I mean sure, ambition wise, everyone wants and is looking to do their best to make this season the best they can be, I don’t refer to only on-the-field performance when I call this a rebuilding year

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I mean sure, ambition wise, everyone wants and is looking to do their best to make this season the best they can be, I don’t refer to only on-the-field performance when I call this a rebuilding year

OK that is fine, but again I disagree. It is not been a rebuilding year for Boston both on and off the field.  I happen to know what goes on behind the scenes as well. So just saying.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

OK that is fine, but again I disagree. It is not been a rebuilding year for Boston both on and off the field.  I happen to know what goes on behind the scenes as well. So just saying.

True.  This is not a rebuilding year for Boston. It is simply another step on road to a championship. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Also my commentary isn’t really directed towards Boston at all, it’s obvious to many that they’re in a good place and that’s all we can hope for for not just them, but every corps on your this summer. Let’s recall that there were some corps that didn’t field even an exhibition show or go on tour last year and the last full competitive year was 2019, which is crazy to think about. this comment in no way is directed towards Boston. It’s apparent with how some corps are cutting back on the tours, membership issues with some corps and filling spots, and that’s ok. 2022 isn’t a make-or-break year for DCI, but a stepping stone for many corps for the years to come

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Also my commentary isn’t really directed towards Boston at all, it’s obvious to many that they’re in a good place and that’s all we can hope for for not just them, but every corps on your this summer. Let’s recall that there were some corps that didn’t field even an exhibition show or go on tour last year and the last full competitive year was 2019, which is crazy to think about. this comment in no way is directed towards Boston. It’s apparent with how some corps are cutting back on the tours, membership issues with some corps and filling spots, and that’s ok. 2022 isn’t a make-or-break year for DCI, but a stepping stone for many corps for the years to come

I never said your commentary was directed at Boston. You clearly said, "it’s a rebuilding year for EVERYONE" and I said that "I disagree." Whether corps decided to field or not to field and their reasons I cannot speak to that.  I can say that last season (2021) was not a throw away season for Boston in the slightest on all levels of the organization. What other corps decided to do or not to do was their own prerogative.  Boston has not had any membership issues or filling their roster problems beyond what is normally expected for a regular season. I have noticed though in more ways than not that this has been an issue with other corps, but in all fairness to the other corps involved I will not speak to that.

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I never said your commentary was directed at Boston. You clearly said, "it’s a rebuilding year for EVERYONE" and I said that "I disagree." Whether corps decided to field or not to field and their reasons I cannot speak to that.  I can say that last season (2021) was not a throw away season for Boston in the slightest on all levels of the organization. What other corps decided to do or not to do was their own prerogative.  Boston has not had any membership issues or filling their roster problems beyond what is normally expected for a regular season. I have noticed though in more ways than not that this has been an issue with other corps, but in all fairness to the other corps involved I will not speak to that.

I would hazard to guess Bluecoats aren’t in a rebuilding mode either, same with BD, SCV & Crown.

23 hours ago, Tony L. said:

People use that all of the time.  And is because unfortunately, the name Kentucky is just better comedically. Tucky at the end of anything is funnier than the other options. 

Fontucky for Fontana, California...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

One thing I noticed in BD’s notable absences is their minimal Texas presence, them not coming to my neck of the woods in DFW at all kinda stinks. I’m not gonna be at their throats about it either though, it’s a rebuilding year for EVERYONE, Crown can potentially come back to the northeast under more ideal conditions and to where the burden isn’t passed on to the membership. Everyone is cutting back to an extent

The fewer comps thing is also strategic from a health standpoint, for some corps, and not so much about finances (though I’m sure everyone is being careful about finances right now). It’s the basic work hard but smart approach — less unpacking busses at 1am as they travel, more time spent in each place, more full nights’ rest, more free days, and making rehearsal time really count. An approach that I support! 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

The fewer comps thing is also strategic from a health standpoint, for some corps, and not so much about finances (though I’m sure everyone is being careful about finances right now). It’s the basic work hard but smart approach — less unpacking busses at 1am as they travel, more time spent in each place, more full nights’ rest, more free days, and making rehearsal time really count. An approach that I support! 

Electronic logs that CDL drivers can no longer fudge, is also a contributing factor.

• Like 2