Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

1 minute ago, MarchMello10 said:

This all being said I really wish the designers would write for the size of the group. It makes no sense to me why a hornline of less than 10 Is being given big hit moments like a full hornline. Why not take an approach similair to what Vessel is doing this year and focus the program around the percussion, using the hornline as a supplement? 

SSS

That's what you absolutely have to do. I designed and taught a corps with 12 horns and 3 color guard in its first year. With those numbers you can't reach out to make an impact. You have to draw the audience in to focused moments instead. So everything was planned that way and it worked well enough to get us a 9th place finish against mostly much larger groups. 

Sometimes staff doesn't want to accept limitations, but the limitations are what allows for the most creativity, if you are willing to let it happen.

• Thanks 1

Hey Flo Thanks for the high cam shots. Now may we have a choice of either or???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

That's what you absolutely have to do. I designed and taught a corps with 12 horns and 3 color guard in its first year. With those numbers you can't reach out to make an impact. You have to draw the audience in to focused moments instead. So everything was planned that way and it worked well enough to get us a 9th place finish against mostly much larger groups. 

Sometimes staff doesn't want to accept limitations, but the limitations are what allows for the most creativity, if you are willing to let it happen.

YES exactly

the question needs to be asked: what do we have assuming all members execute to 100%?

and asking a hornline of ~10 to execute big impact moments with staging 30-30 taking up large parts of the field is unrealistic and demonstrates a lack of thought on what the end product will be.

apologies if any of this comes off as bashing. I just find it hard to imagine prospective members are ever going to join when they see a hornline come out there with those challenges. The designers need to design in a more smart and resourceful way.

• Like 1

What's going on with the sound on FLO?  Kind of sucks right now

• Like 2

Sound a little weak to anyone else? (Flo)

• Like 3