Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

Did not get to watch flo tonight (real life intrudes) but scores were ballparkish what i expected.  Until there are more top 6 corps in the mix, you really have no idea where to put these scores.  So it may be fun to say "wow Crown practically tied  Boston guard" blah blah blah but it's kind of meaningless.  Spreads will open when you get more corps involved and as the season moves closer to Indy.  

That said it sure is fun to see two corps in the East popping 80's!!  Will make the rest of the guys sit up and take notice if only to endlessly discuss East Coast Inflation!

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Guys, full panels don’t get here until San Antonio. None of this matters until then.

Newsy, there are full 8 man panels judging now.  The only difference at regionals is that they add 4 judges and average those scores.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Newsy, there are full 8 man panels judging now.  The only difference at regionals is that they add 4 judges and average those scores.

Waitjustaminutehere.  
If panels are full now, the what is it called when 4 judges are added?  Either they are full now or they are full at regionals    Methinks the judge cup runneth over.  

11 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I agree.  For what its worth, I think they have locked up 6th unless Cavies has some major cleaning or re-writes taking effect soon.  

Getting 7th would be a fabulous 2022 (warding off Phantom who weren't really in the 7th conversation last year), plus BS, BK plus Mandarins (who have a very BD lite design sentimentality which clearly the judges favor) will be an awesome season for Cadets. Cavies, I mean, anything is possible, but Cadets will need to get wicked clean and put in some things to max GE out to get 6th... They're having a good season so far; the GE scores last night were a bit of a red flag. JMO

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Waitjustaminutehere.  
If panels are full now, the what is it called when 4 judges are added?  Either they are full now or they are full at regionals    Methinks the judge cup runneth over.  

We used to have only 5 man panels until July 4th weekend, leaving out certain captions on a revolving basis.  Now, we have all 8 captions being judged at every show.  The added judges for regional and Champs are redundant,  but their numbers are averaged in do as to have a better consensus on the results.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, crownisking said:

So I’m not paying a ton of attention to scores this year but it kinda feels like Cadets are being lowballed. Then again, maybe that’s just the fan in me. I really enjoy their show this year. 

They are definitely rebuilding well. It won’t be long until we have three east coast powerhouses. 

15 hours ago, palmettomello said:

It was great to see live drum corps again! Humid, but cooled off at the end.

I’d been to the venue a couple times for shows. It’s nice for a SC HS, but a little small. If they could bring in a few more corps, I think they could fill a larger stadium pretty well. I would love to see them at Williams Brice Stadium (U of SC) in the future!

They did have drum corps at Williams Brice back in the day. I think the last time was 1985 - maybe 1986 - but I know I was there in '85.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Narrow said:

1 point gap behind the corps some people here think will have an undefeated season supposedly is a pretty great place to be tbh

July 8, 2014.  Bloo finished 1 point behind BD's Felliniesque.  That was as close as ANYONE got to BD all year.