Sunday, July 10th - “DCI West” … Stanford Stadium – Stanford University – Palo Alto, California

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I read somewhere that attorneys don't like folks with logical minds. So when they asked my occupation, I replied "software engineer" and waited to be dismissed. I wasn't and was almost voted as jury foreman. Sigh!

Now hoping for the age exclusion. 

My last time I served my attorney buddies told me that defense attorneys don't like educators because their "too judgmental".  Well, I didn't get dismissed & the jury elected me to serve as foreman.  We deliberated for about 25 minutes & it was unanimous; guilty of drug trafficking.  But it was very obvious; his girlfriend wore a wire & provided voice recordings...         

• Like 4

Do the corps still do “in the lot” type stuff before the show? Haven’t been since 2018. 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy. said:

Do the corps still do “in the lot” type stuff before the show? Haven’t been since 2018. 

They still do warmups in the lot, if that’s what you’re referring to. Just be aware that due to COVID protocols and maintaining a “bubble,” you may not be able to get in as close as you used to. 

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KPinCAL said:

Heading to Palo Alto now! Road trip 

Awww I’m so envious. First time in over a decade that I will miss the Stanford show. So unusual having it in July. Have a great time! Thank goodness I can watch on flo. 

Ready to Flo this one up!  Statesboro got rained out to the end. Cadets was the last full show we got.  It was glorious though!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Looking forward for tonight on both East and West, more on the West, seeing East last night was entertaining and so competitive.

Tonight will be my last posting on here for the rest of the season until Finals. Every fans/Alumni have their favorites that they champion passionately, but i realized a certain set who feels more ENTITLED to have valid opinions because of their past or current affiliations to Drum Corps Organizations, they think they are the only ones possessed with Drum Corps Knowledge or Intelligence to have a valid say. Kind of like a drum corps snobs behavior to me. People on here also can be so disingenuous and make little snarky comments, make little digs at you for just being as passionate as they are.

Once you challenge them with the kind of bantering they've been putting out, there's a problem. I like all corps, But i love Blue Devils, BD will forever be my favorite till the very end. BD is the corps that introduced me to DCI Existence back in the 90s, while i was in a drum corps here in my own country. When i discovered this DCP(forum) i was already enjoying DCI yearly and really never needed to be here for engagements. I will be less in this place, will leave it for the entitled and go back to enjoying the competition as how i used to before i knew of this place. Some great people are here but some really disingenuous persons are here too.

May everyone continue to have a great season!

stick around on the bd forum at least! it’s safe there nowadays. nothing like the heated Chairs and Mirrors days …..

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’d love to stay up for this but I have jury duty tomorrow.   🤦‍♀️

i’ll spare you the effort, i’m definitely  guilty

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Switched to multi. The hi cam is really high. 

It's way up there

• Like 1