Wednesday, July 13th ... “Corps Encore” … Stewart Stadium at Weber State University – Ogden, UTAH

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

They sure are. I get super into DCI music, and BD totally had me grooving in my seat. Any show that does that is a win in my book.

i was grooving throughout the whole show. no idea what they were trying to convey in the show but whatever it is they owned it. i noticed a lot of very subtle dirt, mainly just in the guard (wind was brutal, had to catch my hat from flying off my head!) and some really confusing drill where i feel like they didn't know their dots yet lol. either way, truly a good competitive Blue Devils show! cant wait to see them later in the season!

8 hours ago, squarepush said:

wait, nvm... I thought you predicted this score.

I wish I did so I could pick some lotto numbers too 

6 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

YES! Go Mandarins! After seeing them at Rose Bowl I'm a big Mandies believer. Hoping they make finals🤞

Although things can happen (see 1983 Geneseo Knights & 1988 Freelancers) Mandarins look like a solid finalist. 

What I am wondering is if Troopers can clean and add their way to 12th?  

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Although things can happen (see 1983 Geneseo Knights & 1988 Freelancers) Mandarins look like a solid finalist. 

What I am wondering is if Troopers can clean and add their way to 12th?  

Currently, BK, Crossmen and Colts are in the 11-13 spots scoring 73-74s. Troopers, Madison and Academy are in the 14-16 spots 3-4 pts behind. That's a pretty big hill to climb, but considering Troopers started their season later than most and already shown a lot of improvement over their first 4 shows, it is definitely possible. 

59 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Currently, BK, Crossmen and Colts are in the 11-13 spots scoring 73-74s. Troopers, Madison and Academy are in the 14-16 spots 3-4 pts behind. That's a pretty big hill to climb, but considering Troopers started their season later than most and already shown a lot of improvement over their first 4 shows, it is definitely possible. 

We need to see what happens when they all get together in San Antonio.  Based on having seen both Madison & Troopers on Flo I think Troopers have a lot more potential in their show (I have said before that allowing females into Madison does nothing for their perennial design issues - and I have seen nothing so far that makes me want to retract that statement).  I think of the BK, Crossmen and Colts trio - BK seems to be the most vulnerable.  Colts percussion is smoking, and Crossmen are pretty strong all-around.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Good that Vanguard got the (mostly) final ending in.   Gives them a week and a half to solidify it with a bunch of reps, before San Antonio.

Not sure that's the "final ending"...  The last few drill moves seem like a placeholder, and SCV is known for adding things on at the end of the show...

43 minutes ago, Reed said:

Not sure that's the "final ending"...  The last few drill moves seem like a placeholder, and SCV is known for adding things on at the end of the show...

I'm not sure where the 'lets learn a temporary ending and use it for a few weeks until we learn a new final ending, even if that gives us less time to clean and tweak the new final ending'  trend came from. 

I guess I just come from an era where you only did a re-write only if whatever we were doing just didn't sell w/ the judges.

23 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I'm not sure where the 'lets learn a temporary ending and use it for a few weeks until we learn a new final ending, even if that gives us less time to clean and tweak the new final ending'  trend came from. 

I guess I just come from an era where you only did a re-write only if whatever we were doing just didn't sell w/ the judges.

Well we know BD's current closer will change. The one we have seen so far screams placeholder. 

Every BD closer we have seen over the last decade in late June/early July changed, or had major additions by August. 

Tempus Blue will be no different. 

• Like 2

I’m putting it out there. I’m totally fine with this ending! If it changes, I’m fine with that too, though.

51 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well we know BD's current closer will change. The one we have seen so far screams placeholder. 

Every BD closer we have seen over the last decade in late June/early July changed, or had major additions by August. 

Tempus Blue will be no different. 

From my memory, Felliniesque’s closer did not change much at all