Broken Arrow...this is where it starts...

Just now, Continental said:

I will always Broken Arrow Marching Band for using pedal cars in their show.

I loved this show! I wish I had the chance to see it live. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Yeah the Tulsa area is definitely a hotbed for marching bands. So is Dallas. There are 3 shows in the Dallas area this summer. I don’t think any other city can say that this year. 

DFW is where it’s at😎

if the area had only one show a year, unfathomable to me thank god it isn’t, it would be just as loaded as BA’s show. DCI Denton does have most of the big hitters this year thankfully

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

DFW is where it’s at😎

if the area had only one show a year, unfathomable to me thank god it isn’t, it would be just as loaded as BA’s show. DCI Denton does have most of the big hitters this year thankfully

For sure. I live in Dallas and will be attending all three shows. I’m a little surprised that BD isn’t coming to Dallas at all this year but I understand this year’s tour is a little shorter than it was pre-COVID. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crownisking said:

For sure. I live in Dallas and will be attending all three shows. I’m a little surprised that BD isn’t coming to Dallas at all this year but I understand this year’s tour is a little shorter than it was pre-COVID. 

They don’t really come to the Denton show, I wasn’t surprised but I would’ve definitely wanted them to have gone to at least one of the shows here, they’ll be missed for sure.

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Was wondering how Broken Arrow got such an all-star cast for their small town show, other than maybe the geography/timing of the tour layout. Maybe this little fun fact had some influence.

• The Pride of Broken Arrow marching band won 1st place in the Bands of America Grand Nationals championship at Indianapolis in 2006, 2011, 2015 and 2021.

Plus the BA director of bands is one of the busier DCI judges these days, Darrin Davis.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kdaddy said:

Plus the BA director of bands is one of the busier DCI judges these days, Darrin Davis.

I sure didn't know that, thanks. And apologies for referring to BA as a small town. For some reason I thought it was further south of Tulsa than it is, kinda in nowhere land. 100K+ people is a big small town. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

BA used the pedal carts at BOA in 2017, but they debuted them the year before when they didn't travel to BOA finals. Not an all-out BOA design, but still a great show.

####... Is their entire high school in that band??? 

• Haha 2