Broiling in Texas

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

WTH.  I’ll never complain about here again. 

Florida folks have every right to complain IMO. Every time I go down there I come back looking like a Macy’s thanksgiving float, just blown up with bites from I don’t know what

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Continental said:

While people are concerned about the heat in Texas, they might also be concerned about the mosquitos. 

Maybe it’s best to just stay away from the south altogether lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Florida folks have every right to complain IMO. Every time I go down there I come back looking like a Macy’s thanksgiving float, just blown up with bites from I don’t know what

Those gators can leave a mark... 🐊

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

It remains baffling to me that they have shows in the first, third, and fourth most populous counties, but not the second.

It’s a matter of who is sponsoring shows.  Are these DCI sponsored shows or sponsored by a local org/school? My guess is the latter as I believe only the regionals are DCI sponsored (I.e. DCI is fronting the $$).

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have yet to see one here.  I don’t live on a canal though, either.  I have seen snakes, gopher turtles, and a family of bobcats.   

I was once on a project for a company in Fort Myers.  They had a fairly large alligator in a nearby pond that would often lay down in the middle of the driveway leading to their head office.  It would cause a traffic backup for employees as they waited for it to move....on it's own.  

One day we had to walk from the head office to a nearby building.  A colleague looked at the pretty grass and took off her shoes to walk through it.  That's when I learned about fire ants.....she was covered in nasty bites after that walk.

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

Posted on Boston's Facebook page this morning:

Due to today's extreme heat, we will not be rehearsing this afternoon to ensure the safety of our members as we prepare for this evening's performance at Broken Arrow.

Our morning rehearsal, and subsequent rehearsals as we move into Texas and beyond, will remain open to the public. We ask that all spectators watch rehearsal from the stadium stands and refrain from approaching members/staff and entering buildings at the housing site.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Continental said:

I was once on a project for a company in Fort Myers.  They had a fairly large alligator in a nearby pond that would often lay down in the middle of the driveway leading to their head office.  It would cause a traffic backup for employees as they waited for it to move....on it's own.  

One day we had to walk from the head office to a nearby building.  A colleague looked at the pretty grass and took off her shoes to walk through it.  That's when I learned about fire ants.....she was covered in nasty bites after that walk.

Oh boy.  I look at the ground when I walk in the lawn.  With shoes!  I have the grass treated for fire ants but you never know when a nest will pop,up.  Plus snakes.  I’ve seen plenty of snakes in the backyard.  No venomous ones but I still don’t want to step on a black racer or a corn snake.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have yet to see one here.  I don’t live on a canal though, either.  I have seen snakes, gopher turtles, and a family of bobcats.   

Y'all excuse me as I google gopher turtles... 🧐😁

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/weather/2021/09/29/florida-asks-help-finding-homes-threatened-gopher-tortoise/5840929001/

• Like 1