Saturday, July 16th ... “DCI Memphis” … Simmons Bank Stadium in Liberty Park … Memphis, TENNESSEE

8 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I cant concede that crowns brass isnt .5 better.  Best brass in DCI this year, and thats not taking away from Boston who has a great one too.  Crowns big prob is always their percussion, its gonna kill them if they dont clean it up.

Crown doesn’t have a “percussion” problem. Maybe you haven’t realized that we’re not in 2010 - 2014 anymore. Crown’s percussion is strong. These judges are just so absorbed in their comfort zones they can’t even bother to hear or enjoy anything else other than ram jam band. DCI percussion judging is an embarrassment. there are only 3 good judges and the politics is through the roof. 

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Boston closing the gap

But are these corps the top 2? 🤔 

Edited by ThePlanets

2 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Crown doesn’t have a “percussion” problem. Maybe you haven’t realized that we’re not in 2010 - 2014 anymore. Crown’s percussion is strong. These judges are just so absorbed in their comfort zones they can’t even bother to hear or enjoy anything else other than ram jam band. DCI percussion is an embarrassment. there are only 3 good judges and the politics is through the roof. 

Whether you like the judges or not is not my point.  For whatever reason they have always been .4 or more points behind the other top corps.  I think they are steong, but scores matter more than what you or I type.

3 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Boston closing the gap

But are these corps the top 2? 🤔 

I’d estimate top 4 at least. Maybe top 3. Still think Blue Devils pass the eye and ear test for being in 1st for right now. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I’d estimate top 4 at least. Maybe top 3. Still think Blue Devils pass the eye and ear test for being in 1st for now. 

I agree.  I'm usually not onboard the summer train BD mix...but they have a very strong program this year- and it looks like there is a big enough gap between them and SCV to fit 2-3 corps.

SCV had a great run tonight though 

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

I am not a fan of the setup with the app and the British voiceover.  They could get rid of it and just play the show and I would be fine with that.

It would improve the quality of the show significantly 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Crown doesn’t have a “percussion” problem. Maybe you haven’t realized that we’re not in 2010 - 2014 anymore. Crown’s percussion is strong. These judges are just so absorbed in their comfort zones they can’t even bother to hear or enjoy anything else other than ram jam band. DCI percussion judging is an embarrassment. there are only 3 good judges and the politics is through the roof. 

Lol

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I cant concede that crowns brass isnt .5 better.  Best brass in DCI this year, and thats not taking away from Boston who has a great one too.  Crowns big prob is always their percussion, its gonna kill them if they dont clean it up.

Crown’s mission is simply to keep it close in the captions they’ve struggled in for several years now, mainly the visual ones. Percussion and Guard seeming ever closer to the top of the heap goes a long ways, as the spreads in brass, their advantageous caption is always very very thinly spread within the top 4 or so come finals. I would be one to predict a bigger spread in brass between the top corps come finals than in previous years, with crown winning the caption, but those scores are always so compressed by then, I can’t count on that personally, but we’ll see.

• Like 2

Crown's mission is to... be themselves! Original, unique, and simply Crown. Nothing to add to any "formulas" Crown is in this mission to have a good time, collaborate with students, and be an exemplar organization. Crown along with BD, Bluecoats, BCA, Vanguard (etc.) are examples of Corps that stay current, fun, and innovative! 

• Like 3