Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

1 minute ago, lyndakay27 said:

Reminds me of when they brought the big parachute out in gym class in elementary school!

As one of the weird “artsy” kids growing up, I always loved parachute day in PE class! It was my first foray into color guard without even knowing it. 

• Like 1

Carolina Crown

I don’t know why, but I really love the rights side and left side audio tests. It sets a cool atmosphere! I like the way they bring brass to the front with personality during this pre show, they’re in more character than I had noticed previously. Nice change on speeding up that countdown!

Like those red streamers and how they fit with the music. Music is groovy and enjoyable! Great first impact for the brass that kinda comes out of nowhere and love how they have those flags pop out two counts later. Neat quote of Chandelier!

Man, love that drum set. I usually don’t love drum set and how it’s used, but they do it well to start that 2nd movement. Love that articulated brass section. Good use of those fabrics, as brass pop out for those isolated moments. Really interesting brass timbres throughout this section. They sound great!

Cool use of those orange uniform fabrics from the brass in the beginning of this ballad, good moments highlighting guard. Gorgeous trumpet soloist! Good uniform changes. WOOOOW! Love that bass drum hit right before the brass impact. That sounds terrific and is incredibly challenging. Love the release of percussion at the end of the ballad, where we get it just listen to that Ott brass ring!

Loving the drum set here again and they do a good job of highlighting him and moving him to the background. Memorable bass drum feature! Good change of pacing as they move to that snare drum feature. Love those poll streamer things across the field, another really memorable moment!

Talking drum? Sweet! Love this next movement musically and the asymmetry! Brass feature builds well! Nice job, mellos! The music is really enjoyable and who can hate that geometric drill? Love the Gaines-esque build in the drill with the boxes. I love that ending music, great ending to the program!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just me or was the hi cam shaking during the chant at the end…??

• Like 1