Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Just now, lawdn said:

Overall this BAC corps is by far the best BAC corps I have seen and heard. Percussion and brass have really started catching up with the spectacular guard. However high they may place this year, they will have earned it. For me, though, the show concept and effect don’t read nearly as well as those of the several years previous - so far. I am enjoying this show more and more every time. On fire tonight. Go BAC!

This show is really coming together

Watching Crown and Boston back to back—it makes me appreciate the Bluecoats approach to arrangements. A totally different and far more organic approach to music performance.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Land of Tim said:

Ok, just gotta add to the chime...Flo Marching has so many things going for it and for DCI, but tonight both of their camera crews are off the mark.  The high keeps be-bopping, and the multi-cam does not seem to have a good sense of where to focus and when. Must be novice crews.  The audio is also starkly different--had to switch my sound bar audio setting to "football" instead of "music" to get any decent sound, although the "music" setting is a better balance overall!  

Update...the multi-cam crew is doing a much better job in BAC's show than in the previous two...must be switching off main responsibilities between shows...

Ok have they got people coming out of that company front to die ala Phantom there? I dont' remember that.

Just now, squarepush said:

Agreed. Ballad and the mvmt after are very strange to me. Everything else works well. 

Boston’s ballads aren’t really their strong suit, in my opinion. There are a few exceptions like Time To Say Goodbye in 2000, Bring Him Home in 2011, and Wicked Game in 2017, but most of them have been pretty forgettable to me.

• Like 4