Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Cavies sound great! Unfortunately, it looks like there are still numerous holes in baritones and i think a contra or two. Hopefully they will be able to get back in to performing soon

3 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Ummmm, Bloo has a lot of Bloo-isms of their own when it comes to what they put out musically, even if it generally is unique to what most corps are doing, I feel like those are more intentionally placed and inorganic along with what some of Crown does with their formula, I don’t think Boston belongs in those categories, they are still at the moment carving out their musical identity as many have noted a departure from their more recent bombastic productions to a more measured and refined approach. 

Definitely true. There are concepts that are uniquely Bluecoats. But they emphasize a different type of arrangement, more muscular and less “look at how technical we can triple tongue and run all over the field.”

• Like 2

It's so great to finally see all these corps perform together.

• Like 3

Just now, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Polye Polyushka from Animal Farm, though not their best year execution wise, is still one of my favorite moments all time in DCI. 

Wasn’t their ballad that year was the Barber Violin Concerto? I think that Russian hymn was in the movement before.

I feel like it's 2015 and I'm saying "Have you read Dante? that ending is 'the beautful things that heaven bears' and its  going to get something amazing by the end of the season."  Then at indy they added the last touches and everyone was like "OH! now i get it and didn't see it coming."

Boston will add something that pulls the whole explusion from the garden at the end and it will draw out more of the elements about the fall from grace as well. They added the apple bite and everything already.  And i noticed the people falling out of the company front as "fallen angels" and the anguish faces are selling better now too.

• Like 3

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Wasn’t their ballad that year was the Barber Violin Concerto? I think that Russian hymn was in the movement before.

Yup.  I remember when they came out with a bunch of punchy Russian stuff it was like "Phantom could be doing this show in another time...heh."

• Like 1