Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I hope no one trips on that jacket on the 43 side 2

I guess that's what Cadets needed to get a decent GE score tonight.

11 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I largely agree with the placements but some of these scores, man … Crown visual feels a squeak too high for their visual dirt (which I fully expect them to clean) but that brass score is a little weird to me. GE disagreements kinda manic… And, much love to Mandarins, but beating PR in brass??? 

GE has been all over the place all season! Just ask the cadets fans. 

• Like 2

Blue Stars’ guard looks like the key to help either widen their spread between them and the 8-10 corps or mitigating any gains made by those 3 corps👀 such a gap in  their guard subcaptions with much potential for growth!!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

that judge had to be wearing a jester outfit.  first time in 20+ years i've ever called out nonsense about judging.  i got on hrothgar about this kind of thing, so i need to just shut up about it now, lol. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't your first time. 🙄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Also bizarre for BD to have achievement over content. Every other time this year content has been a good bit higher. It’s cleaner, but not suddenly THAT clean.

It was very clean tonight. But BAC added new content so it makes sense that their content score showed a gap. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Armchair judges are out in full force tonight. 🙄

that’s MISTER armchair judge esquire to you, bub

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

So when was the last time at any time in any season Boston finished as high as second?

Never at the SW regional. But they beat BC this season once and Crown last season at smaller shows. 

Another interesting tidbit - Crown topped Bloo by .3 in brass and Bloo took them in perc by .3, but the MA judges gave a huge spread to Crown. I'd be interested in knowing what their comments were.