Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

2 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Big night tonight. Best wishes to all the corps. Love the shows. Definitely thinking about many of the smaller or more inexperienced corps today. You get a chance to shine in the big stadium and we will be watching from FLO. Have a blast and go out there and lay down your best performance to date...right here, right now. 🙂 

Excited that Flo is streaming Open Class championships.

I only marched in a small (then called Class A) Corps, and IDK if you are a 5-time DCI champion, I guarantee that I had just as much fun as you did.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Do we know if the individual hit by the rifle Thursday was on the field last night?  I know rifles are much lighter now than BITD when I marched (and were even heavier, de-milled real 1903 Springfields before that). So, I hope it was only a flesh wound.

I really, really, really want to insert a Monty Python/Black Knight flesh wound joke here, but for once, I'll be tasteful and sensitive and leave it alone. 😃

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Ouch.

When it comes to injuries, I've found it helps to err on the side of sensitivity and compassion for the injured first and primarily. Any commentary outside of jeez, I hope they're okay or what is Crown doing to to support this member?  is disrespectful. At worst, not doing so perpetuates the activity's legacy of downplaying injuries to the detriment of current MMs.

Should people be able to take a joke? Maybe, but I would react just as fiercely (possibly more so) over any injury if it happened in my house and was treated with dismissiveness of ant kind. Injuries are not a joke to me. I've been healing from my drum corps injuries for the last two decades and it's still ongoing...

Injuries and illness are symptoms of deeper design, focus, instruction, or organization issues. Period. It behooves us to treat them as such.

I have an end stage osteoarthritic knee. I’m going to have a bionic knee soon enough. Do you really think I’m making fun of injuries?  I have a plate and pins in my right wrist.  I think we all have a story, especially those of us who marched.  But the point that seems to be escaping people for some unknown reason is that NO ONE WAS MAKING FUN OF THE INJURED MEMBER.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1