A Popcorn Eater's Take on San Antonio

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

I've only had a perfect Margarita on the Riverwalk in SA & in Phoenix.   

O no rly? I often find the big cities mess them up... and Riverwalk wouldn't have been my go to for a good one unless I coached the barkeep... I was all but FORCED to start making my own for a few years there when I was living too far from the motherland.

I have the damnedest luck finding a good one!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not there this year, maybe next, but sadly all my memories of Riverwalk are "blurry" - I'm sure the 4 (9?) margaritas had nothing to do with it... 😇

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

This is the only way to appropriately Riverwalk, for the uninitiated....

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s so much fun.  Do it. 

Dang I can't remember when & where I've traveled over the years.  I've been to SA I think 4x in the past 30 years.  But my last trip was several years ago to accompany a student with the Army All-American Marching Band.  That was a great experience!  He also march with Madison for a couple of years.     

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Wow....what a show! It's been awhile since top to bottom has been that good. Just totally blown away. Thoughts...in order of impression. 

1. BOSTON! - Wow, do I owe the Crusaders a big MEA CULPA for my prediction that the Cavaliers would run them down after I saw both live in Detroit. Yes, I know the Cavaliers had a COVID outbreak...but BOSTON....well...just FREAKING WOW! I'll be the first to admit that I thought this was another year of hype without the back-up. I was WRONG! And I'll continue to take note over the next three weeks as Devils and Crown light their afterburners as well. CONGRATS! 

2. CADETS!  - I'm so happy to see the Cadets back knocking on the door to the Top 5! This show is fun, well executed, and a pleasure to watch. 

You know what? I'm going to stop there....everything else went just about as I expected. But congrats again to these two fine corps...one for breaking through the door and announcing that you're here for your medal. And to the other for putting all the "junk" behind and just getting stronger and stronger. 

Love your abrupt stop...but happy Boston is the surprise of the season. I doubt they can take down the mighty BD but still great season for them so far. 

"I have the damnedest luck finding a good one! "

Tia Margarita - 19th Ave/Clement - San Francisco

SCV, BD and Cadets alumni often spotted here, discussing philosophy - a kind of Drum Corps "Algonquin Round Table" (You know, Dorothy Parker, Noel Coward, Harpo Marx...et al.)

Perennial High Margarita Medalists:  Bartenders Pedro, Rico and Gerald

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ironlips said:

"I have the damnedest luck finding a good one! "

Tia Margarita - 19th Ave/Clement - San Francisco

:worthy:

10 minutes ago, ironlips said:

SCV, BD and Cadets alumni often spotted here, discussing philosophy - a kind of Drum Corps "Algonquin Round Table" (You know, Dorothy Parker, Noel Coward, Harpo Marx...et al.)

Perennial High Margarita Medalists:  Bartenders Pedro, Rico and Gerald

I've almost always lived too far from the bay to be in community with other alum. 😭

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I'm not there this year, maybe next, but sadly all my memories of Riverwalk are "blurry" - I'm sure the 4 (9?) margaritas had nothing to do with it... 😇

I can see why they fought to the death to protect the Alamo, with that many margarita bars that close by. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2