AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

absolutely just trolling for attention...

And 59 pages in on this thread he is getting it.

It's finals week. It would be nice to see this thread fade to the second page soon. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Look at it this way - every time that you drive by is an opportunity to flip the bird in his general direction.

You'll need one of these to build up your muscles to avoid injury.  

618wfZrHG4L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

It's finals week. It would be nice to see this thread fade to the second page soon. 

Yah. But looking away doesn't protect the survivors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

50 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

That's not how advocacy works. Our voices get louder when there's more attention on the industry. I thought we covered this several dozens of pages back.

As for the banning enablers discussion, that's not the only route. I am not a lawyer so I don't think my voice matters that much in that area anyway.

On the advocacy and education side, there's many more options. Gen Z is smarter than most people give them credit for. They aren't putting up with the same stuff I did or the gen before me did. If we give them the tools and support to protect themselves, they will. I certainly would have. And then, we give them the leadership options and platforms to make the changes we so desperately needed when we marched. THAT'S what the activity should have always been about, but I fear that too many stories of abuse stem from BITD so its nostalgia is fading for me.

What I experienced that was good in drum corps can be replicated. But only if spaces are truly carved out that center survivors and vulnerable people.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Thanks 4

I always keep in mind the things that more than one survivor has told me,

"We're watching.  We're seeing if it's safe to share our story."

"We're keeping tabs of who has our back and who lets our abusers slide by."  

"We want to know if its safe before we can share what happened and find some healing without having it all happen again."  

Silence doesn't serve that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Yes, yes, yes; "it's alive" so let's bury our heads in the sand because he's a narcissist.  

You do realize you're keeping the topic alive & page 1 by replying?  

I just think it's going to take pressure from the drum corps community to control the subject.  And I think it's starting to take effect on the subject.    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

Jaccii Farris recent polls on twitter:

Under the new policies, If you were to have a complaint or concern regarding a misconduct issue, do you have confidence it would be addressed in an appropriate manner? #drumcorps

•  
    Yes.
    20.9%
  •  
    No.
    61.5%
  •  
    Confidence is unchanged
    17.6%
    91 total votes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After allegations of misconduct involving corps members and staff were made public several years ago @DCI and affiliated drum corps made policy changes to protect marching members. In your opinion, do you feel the activity is safer now because of these changes?#drumcorps

•  
      I feel safer.
      37.7%
    •  
      I don't feel safer.
      19.8%
    •  
      I feel no difference.
      42.6%
    162 votes·Final results

Edited by keystone3ply
cx