Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

7 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

By the end of the season I really want that drumline pendulum to swing back the other way before returning to center. Doing just 1/2 the arc bugs me every time. 😂🕰

!!!YES!!! Please

9 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Darn. Flag line still struggling with that slow-down/speed up section.  

They are, but it is still a huge improvement over the last two weeks, both in that section, and overall. The guard is getting cleaner and cleaner.  My guess from the numbers of COVID cases they reported and the numbers of brass/percussion who did standstills is that the bulk of the COVID cases were in the guard.  So, they have made tremendous leaps and bounds--even with a good ways to go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Land of Tim said:

They are, but it is still a huge improvement over the last two weeks, both in that section, and overall. The guard is getting cleaner and cleaner.  My guess from the numbers of COVID cases they reported and the numbers of brass/percussion who did standstills is that the bulk of the COVID cases were in the guard.  So, they have made tremendous leaps and bounds--even with a good ways to go!

Definitely improved overall! That section’s just very exposed. They’ll get it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

They may want to fix the white balance too. Looks like a 1950s polaroid.

The iPhone they’re using for this probably has a instagram filter on….

That's how you do it, Cavaliers! A very nice show tonight. Way to not give up on this show and to keep pushing to the end. I noticed a BIG improvement in the overall performance. The forms are making more sense. The music book had more impact and is getting cleaner. Keep cleaning the heck out of this show. Regardless of placement come the end of the season these marching members will have earned big kudos from me and many others. There are still visual things that need tweaked and perhaps a few big changes if they have time, but tonight was much more impactful to my eyes and ears. Well done!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjyaub said:

I like Cavies show a lot. I used to love those mesmerizing drills but I guess that’s in the past. Evolution of drum corps and all.

I like it too the more I see and hear it. I will admit that it's not my favorite musical book they've had, nor my favorite visual/thematic design.  But, it is getting better and better "post-COVID" and starting to get some of that Cavies swagger.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Looks like academy missing approx:

10 brass

half the snare line

1 tenor

guard????: who knows

yikes

GREENBLUE. Make that 5-Snares and 2-Tenors! They did get the 5th Bass Drum Back.