Wednesday, July 27th ... “DCI Southern Mississippi” … M M Roberts Stadium Hattiesburg, MISSISSIPPI

2 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Why is it so comical, or reduced to ABBD when a corps gets close to them, especially since the same crowd vehemently shuns the idea of judge favoritism to BD?  You can't have it both ways.

BAC is solid in every facet of the corps.  There are plenty of reasons why an objective judging panel could have them winning just as surely as BD winning.

Eh.  Nothing to get worked up about from my point of view. Two things can be true:

1. BAC is solid and has a chance this season (As do other corps perhaps)
2. There exists an ABBD sentiment and recent scores will move those who feel this sentiment toward BAC right now because it's the most recent head to head. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

So did the missing judge hurt/help either corps in overall score tonight?

The brass caption is in shakeup this season. BD set a high bar, and their execution has been kryptonite to Crown’s usual superpowers. Boston is in there, and rising to the fight. Based on the two performances last night (through Flo’s awful sound), a brass judge’s opinion would definitely have given shape to this race. 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

No one is saying BAC can’t win from an objective judging panel. 

It’s amusing that everyone hops trains depending on whichever corps is closest to BD. I bet if Bloo somehow makes a huge jump over Crown or BAC, people will just swap over to them. It’s in the acronym: ABBD

Just speaking for me, no jumping train here.  BAC won me.  That show has developed into something super special that, I think< most didn't see early season.  I would bet most feel the same.  That's an amazing story for a drum corps ... not so much amusing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MBo1974 said:

Just speaking for me, no jumping train here.  BAC won me.  That show has developed into something super special that, I think< most didn't see early season.  I would bet most feel the same.  That's an amazing story for a drum corps ... not so much amusing.

No worries, there is no obligation for us to have the same type of humor 🙂 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A tale as old as time. The challenging corps may change, but BD is always a constant 

I’m just observing.  But what I hope is that every Corps has their best performance of the season in Indy, and fulfills the designer’s vision.   Make it tough on the judges from top to bottom.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It’s amusing that everyone hops trains depending on whichever corps is closest to BD. I bet if Bloo somehow makes a huge jump over Crown or BAC, people will just swap over to them. It’s in the acronym: ABBD

ABBD is a real thing though there are other reasons fans support BD’s rivals that are not because of BD.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

ABBD is a real thing though there are other reasons fans support BD’s rivals that are not because of BD.  

Really hoping SC alum get a pass on this ABBD stuff. We've been serious rivals for decades...and I like musing on how BD would be acting if SC had dominated the activity in a similar way over the years. Would there be a similar ABSCV crowd?

We can easily identify BDs obvious strengths and wish the MMs the best experiences with an awesome corps, and still root for underdogs.

Also, big, powerful, legacy, institutions like BD don't need protection unless the ABBD crowd is going for the MMs. Otherwise, seriously, they can handle it. In fact, I bet they're laughing their whole way to a medal, if not first place. BD is doing just fine.....

• Like 3

I dont really feel BD's GE is better than anyone else's, in fact, sometimes I find their content boring (in the top 4/5), however they execute extremely well in all areas which does captivate you when you watch, which for me, I guess is their general effect. And certainly not that other corps do not execute well. Just seems BD is always that much better.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

I dont really feel BD's GE is better than anyone else's, in fact, sometimes I find their content boring (in the top 4/5), however they execute extremely well in all areas which does captivate you when you watch, which for me, I guess is their general effect. And certainly not that other corps do not execute well. Just seems BD is always that much better.  

Good GE begins with good execution. 

• Like 4