MURFREESBORO PREDICTIONS

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Is Wake still real grass?

The google maps pic looks like turf.

23 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

At least weather is looking better for showtime. I’ll be there and I’ll be perfectly happy with a standstill show! 

Hopefully the front will move thru early & clean up by showtime.  One model show some 'back building' late afternoon but who knows...

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Nope; pretty sure it was turf!  Not sure about the GSU stadium in ATL, but surely it's turf.  MTSU is turf.  So shouldn't be any drainage issues

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Is Wake still real grass?

"In 2006, a state-of-the-art, "next generation" FieldTurf surface was installed to give the Deacons a top-notch and beautiful playing field year round."

https://godeacs.com/facilities/truist-field/4   Go Deacs!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Hopefully the front will move thru early & clean up by showtime.  One model show some 'back building' late afternoon but who knows...

Weather Channel and AccuWeather are both showing different things from earlier today. Looks like really low chances of rain for 7 PM onward. I’m hoping!

• Like 2

Let's see if there are any old school folks out there!:
I can't recall now if it was 1999 or 2000, but I think it was 1999. I and a couple of friends decided to trek to Murfreesboro for this show (before it was really "tour of champions" I think!), but still a great show.  We decided to stay in Nashville, and enjoy the weekend, driving down to M-boro for the show.

On the day of the show, we left Nashville mid-afternoon with plenty of time to get to Murfreesboro, eat dinner somewhere, and explore souvie booths, take in the show, etc.  But, alas, on the Interstate, I-24, somewhere about halfway in between, traffic came to a standstill in all lanes.  It was 90+ degrees outside.  We waited and waited.  We cut off the engines, got out of our cars, parked on  the interstate...all lanes were stopped.  Everyone was outside, playing volleyball in the median, going to the bathroom off the sides of the road, etc.  We walked at least 1.5 miles on the highway leaving our car behind, parked on the interstate, and back without traffic ever moving.  People were walking and talking all over the highway, many of whom were all headed to the show in Murfreesboro.  

Unfortunately, sadly, there had been a tragic wreck near an exit several miles down the road that involved several vehicles and blocked the entire highway.  I have never seen anything like it.  Eventually, a couple of hours later, traffic restarted and we got there, without dinner, but safely, about 1/3 or later into the show, and ate food at the stadium.  

I have never seen anything like this traffic-wise before or since.  I am so sad that it was due to a tragic accident, but I am still amazed at the number of cars on a multi-lane interstate, parked, engines off, for hours, and people out walking, talking, drinking beers, etc.  People I've told about this often think I'm telling a "tall tale", and this was before the era of cell phone photos and videos to document!! Anybody out there remember this??

10 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Sadly, this could be the same prediction all the way through to Nightbeat on Sunday.  

take it back!!! dont let the clouds hear you

I certainly hope the weather holds out...driving up to MTSU from Atlanta tomorrow...

I'm starting to wonder if I'm a jinx...my first live show since 2019 was a thunder and lightening out on July 10th...now this!

Of course I drove through torrential downpours to Allentown many years where the show still went on...

Edited by Liahona